Does anyone else tell porky pies to there other halts?

debaser

but must admit , the ammo safe is a great place to file reciepts and 'spare' spending vouchers with the Queens head on

I like that thinking

I dont hide (most) things from the wife. I'll suggest things to her and she will then tell me to go for it. Usually before Ive bought the item. The biggest exception to this was when I popped into the bike shop and mistakenly bought a new bike

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe i'm lucky but my mrs has always supported me in my interests/hobbies, if i want something new i always mention it out of courtesy, but she never complains.

As above. I do get comments like, "Well, do you need another one, or do you need to buy that". And I 'sometimes' get the price wrong as well! :rolleyes:

mine knows about every thing i buy , just maybe not the correct values .

thats why there is a envolope with her name on it in the cabinet . just incase i pop off , she will know the true values and not the 100 quid buys a lot she hears so often !! :D

Funny, I thought you'd pop up on this post somewhere... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

It happens a lot does that , I mean you go in shop for some bog rolls and a pint of milk and come out with a shiny new bike :lol:

atvb

sg1

it happened to me, I tried the BMW shop ,no milk or bog roll, the Harley shop said if I bought the Buell they would get me both.

We have a joint account for the mortgage, bills, food etc, but seperate accounts for our hobbies and the like. On the whole its OK,

but.... i have on one or two occasions had mail order stuff (fishing gear mostly) sent to my works address rather than home, just to avoid a snide comment or two..... ;)

Tight Lines

Aled

My wife is sound as a pound..i have a few hobbies which cost a bit..all she says is as long as your happy thats all that matters..

She doesnt go without either..

So she gets told everything so its happy days..

Shes asked for a 20g the other day cause she wants to join in with me shooting....

I once tried to hide the fact that I'd bought a new gun by just not telling her, thinking as it was locked away she wouldn't be able to tell one from the other. She did spot the new gun slip though and figured it out.

Now I don't hide the fact I bought a new gun and if she asks me how much the gun cost I tell her. As she doesn't ask how much the scope, rings, mod etc. etc. cost I figure she's not interested and doesn't want to know.

Edited by allthegearandnoidea

. i have on one or two occasions had mail order stuff (fishing gear mostly) sent to my works address rather than home, just to avoid a snide comment or two..... ;)

Tight Lines

Aled

I was the opposite. I was getting stuff sent to her work as then there would always be somebody to sign for it etc. The girl that works on reception would bring the mrs through the parcel and they would all start getting excited and speculating as to the contents, especially if it was a shoe box sized item. The constant disappointment of finding a fishing or shooting related item didn't seem to dampen her enthusiasm for tearing into the parcels. :lol:

I traded in my old model, it got fat and naggy, new one is just perfect, works, waits on me to the extent that its embarassing and knows I'd give her anything she wants and more, so if I want anything she's just happy that it makes me happy. I just wish i'd met her 30 years ago......

I traded in my old model, it got fat and naggy, new one is just perfect, works, waits on me to the extent that its embarassing and knows I'd give her anything she wants and more, so if I want anything she's just happy that it makes me happy. I just wish i'd met her 30 years ago......

But that would of made her minus 12 :good:

atvb

sg1

yer yer yer , that will all change in two n half weeks mate . hahahahahahaha make single life posts whilst you can !!!!! why do you think i have left that cabinet so long , sandra said leave it there for a bit and she will find some bits to go with it !!!!! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

i dont have to hide what i spend...but i do have the odd undercover day on the pigeons during the week if theres plenty about. she thinks im working hard but im shooting. only trouble is i cant take my dog, if he could speak im sure he would grass me up from the look of dissapointment on his face when he sees the gear going in the truck then realises he aint going.

yer yer yer , that will all change in two n half weeks mate . hahahahahahaha make single life posts whilst you can !!!!! why do you think i have left that cabinet so long , sandra said leave it there for a bit and she will find some bits to go with it !!!!! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

I hope you're not turning up in 2 1/2 weeks, cos its the weekend after next!!!

Benefit of getting re-married at our age mate is by the time we've fallen out one of us will probably be dead.. :look:

Anyway, as you mentioned the ******* cabinet...............

There is and old story about two shooting mates, been shooting togeather for decades. One of them gets ill and is in the hospital, his mate goes up to visit him. The friend goes into the ward to see him and finds him sitting pale and drawn in the hospital bed.

"How's it going?" he asks nervously

"not too good, it terminal, the doctors have told me straight" says his mate "but theres something you have to do for me"

"Anything, you know that, whats the problem?"

"oh, I've been so worried" says the friend visibly relieved "After I'm dead and gone, for heavens sake don't let my wife sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them"

Edited by Vince Green