Storing shotgun in a terraced house

hedd-wyn

Hi there,

I've just put my application in for a shotgun. I've just bought a two bedroomed terraced house in a very quiet street.

The cabinet is securely bolted into the brick wall in a built in wardrobe upstairs and(out of sight) next to the master bedroom.

My only concern is that I might be refused because i live in such a small/ish house and because that it's a terraced house.

Is this likely to happen, or am I being to precocious?

This will be my first shotgun by the way, and would appreciate any advice or information form you experienced shooters.

Cheers!

Hiya, I'm with Shaun4960... :ernyha: I live in a mid terrace ., and have both SGC and FAC...NOTHING to worry about at all...must admit tho, like you I did have my thoughts about it, and as I live in an older brick built house, I bolted both my cabinets to an inner brick wall..

Good luck, and have fun when you get yer SGC...:)

Edited by Norrie

Hiya, I'm with Shaun4960... :ernyha: I live in a mid terrace ., and have both SGC and FAC...NOTHING to worry about at all...must admit tho, like you I did have my thoughts about it, and as I live in an older brick built house, I bolted both my cabinets to an inner brick wall..

Good luck, and have fun when you get yer SGC...:)

:no: its not right....its just not right :no:

:shaun:

:no: its not right....its just not right :no:

:shaun:

Could be worse Sean4860 :lol: :lol: :lol:

Shaun is spot on! I live in a 2 Bedroom terraced house with breeze block walls and had to use Chem fix bolts but got my SGC no problem what so ever.

As long as your windows and doors are up to scratch you should be fine. I would advocate an alarm even if one is not required your FLO will be happier.

Best of luck with your application.....

On all the cabinates that I've had in various types of solid walls I've always used chemfix with threaded bar and nuts. If some one wants the cabinate enough to pull bricks or stones out of the wall then nothing will stop them, I've done the best I can. I fitted 1 onto a stud wall with extra noggins in and coach bolts screwed in I reckon that 1 would have be the hardest to rip out as snapping the 3x2 would not be easy and even then some one has to break in to the cabinate or try any carry it off with guns in. All you can do is to make it inconspicuous and awkward to rip out, not what your general scumbag smackhead comes tooled up to do , after that there's not a lot you can do.

You'll be fine but check the loft and see if it's still common some terraces the loft space is like a tunnel you can walk end to end! More for fire and general safety that specific to a shotgun. Friend of a friend lived in a flat in a converted school or similar and had the loft hatch so put his cabinet up there ( often disliked these days) came home from work to find the roof had gone ( was being replaced) and some confused foreman asking what was in the big metal box! As they had tried to shift it!

Only issue to be aware of in terraced houses - partculary old onnes is sometimes lack of dividing wall in loft between properties - know from experince makes it easier to be burgaled if they get in adjoining property loft walks along loft to gain enttry into your house - got burgaled that way once.

Hi there,

I've just put my application in for a shotgun. I've just bought a two bedroomed terraced house in a very quiet street.

The cabinet is securely bolted into the brick wall in a built in wardrobe upstairs and(out of sight) next to the master bedroom.

My only concern is that I might be refused because i live in such a small/ish house and because that it's a terraced house.

Is this likely to happen, or am I being to precocious?

This will be my first shotgun by the way, and would appreciate any advice or information form you experienced shooters.

Cheers!

OH Dear....... are you 'avin a larf.........

I can't be bothered to read the replies but what the **** has being precocious got to do with getting your SGC, and are you seriously suggesting the size of your house dictates whether you get a SGC or not?

I can't be bothered to read the replies but what the **** has being precocious got to do with getting your SGC, and are you seriously suggesting the size of your house dictates whether you get a SGC or not?

nice to see our resident expert on all subjects :hmm: being particularly obnoxious to a poster with a perfectly reasonable question.

KW

nice to see our resident expert on all subjects :hmm: being particularly obnoxious to a poster with a perfectly reasonable question.

KW

It is a valid helpful comment, unlike yours which adds nothing to the thread.

Simple fact is there appears to be many who have more experience and knowledge than you! :yes::lol:

Grow up!

like I said, this is my first shotgun and this is all new to me.

You couldn't be bothered to read all the other replies, but bothered enough to give a me some sound, informative advice.

Personally i found your answer to be more pointless than the initial question.

So thank you for answering my question with another question you have really helped.

You're an asset to this forum, and to new shooters. :good:

like I said, this is my first shotgun and this is all new to me.

You couldn't be bothered to read all the other replies, but bothered enough to give a me some sound, informative advice.

Personally i found your answer to be more pointless than the initial question.

So thank you for answering my question with another question you have really helped.

You're an asset to this forum, and to new shooters. :good:

most of his junk, sorry reply s are.

Take no notice of him, no body else does.