Chilli Growing

ollie

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bought some chilly plants from B&Q last year got loads off them so decided to use one of the dried chillies as a doner.

planted them up in seed trays but cheated slightly as I put them into a spare vivarium I had with uv light and heat lamp, seeds took 10 days to come up ive now repotted and put them on the windowsill but the heat definitely seems to have given them a kick start.

Checked mine again tonight when I got in from work. Still no chillies, lots of tomatoes, but most annoyingly, little weeds in the empty cells, growing out of brand new John Innes compost! Don't they sterilise it??? :no::ninja: tempted to let some grow enough to see what they develop into...

Mike.

Hmmm, No I don't think so, because I had a very healthy looking cannabis plant growing under my bird-feeder a year or so back! I don't think it's actually illegal if one just grows, it's only illegal if you cultivate it... Hence the police are not allowed to keep the ones alive that they seize as evidence. :whistling:

I transplanted the best ones into individual pots last night, within a couple of hours they were all laying on their side arghhhhh disaster!!!!

Just shock though as this morning they are all erect (tee hee) again :good:

Edit: still no naga or F1 though, must be duds.

Edited by Muddy Funker

I found Nagas very difficult to grow last year, but they were old seeds, given to me free, so I wasn't too bothered.

I really liked the Lemon Drop chillis, so I hacked them back to stumps and left them in the polytunnel over winter, they are just starting to form some tiny leaves in the V where the branches come off the main stem so hopefully they will be good again this year.

Hi all, not grown chillis before but I seem to have green fingers when it comes to other plants :P, my room is an attic conversion so very light and always warm, the cacti etc thrive so would this be alright to grow some chillis? Also, is it too late to start planting seeds?

cheers

My Jalapeno's are starting to come through eventually and one of my sweet peppers also has a loop. I planted some spring onions into a couple of large window boxes the other day. Lets hope this good weather is a sign of things to come.

Hi all, not grown chillis before but I seem to have green fingers when it comes to other plants :P, my room is an attic conversion so very light and always warm, the cacti etc thrive so would this be alright to grow some chillis? Also, is it too late to start planting seeds?

cheers

Sounds perfect to me, and no, its not too late...if you get a wiggle on! :lol: