What rimfire set up do u use???

Deano87

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Deano, I use a Browning Pump action 22LR fitted with a set of Simmons 3-9X40 Pro-Sport Scopes and an unknown moderator (Which I will be changing for a Parker Hale soon)

I have also just got a .22WMR for use on foxes which is a CZ452 fitted with a set of Simmons 3-10X44 Pro-Hunter scopes and a Sak moderator. I am just getting used to the WMR and gave it it's first "outing" yesterday and I am very happy with both rifles.

I have just parted with my CZ 452 in 17HMR fitted with a set of Tasco World Class 3-9X50 scopes and a Sak moderator. That rifle and set up took some beating but I could not store both the HMR and the WMR because of a lack of cabinet space so the HMR had to go - With very great regrets as it was a really reliable and accurate work horse!

Personally, with regards to rimfires I think that CZ rifles take a hell of a lot of beating for buld quality, accuracy, reliability and value for money1 - After making that statement I have my tin hat at the ready for those who disagree!

Cz452 varmint .22lr, optimate 6x44 scope, sako mod (not sak) deben bipod and a tall Harris bipod, deben tracer max and set of sticks for lamping. i feed mine on eley subs for best results but can also get away with winchester or cci subs :good:

Edited by bicykillgaz

Sako Finnfire Hunter, Sak mod, Hawke Frontier 2.5-10x44 (Japanese Model) Harris 13.5"-27" Bipod, CCI segmented hollow point rounds. CZ 452 Varmit 17 HMR, Sak mod, MTC Taipan 4-16x50, 6"-13" Harris Bipod, 17grain Hornady V-Max rounds.

Like them both but have to say the Finnfire is the dogs ******** :yes: . :good:

ATB,

Pat