David Rathband found dead

JR1960

Terrible that he ended up alone in a flat after a successful career and family life .Though not knowing all the circumstances I always think it is sad when a man loses his other half after undergoing something life changing like serious illness or PTSD . I find it with heart attack patients , sometimes the wife walks out on them afterwards .

Sad sad news, heard it said on the news this morning that it can take 10 years to get over blindness (I'm not sure I could handle it) coupled with the trauma and not being able to get away from the pictures in your mind and then losing your partner, easy to see how it was too much.

Terrible that he ended up alone in a flat after a successful career and family life .Though not knowing all the circumstances I always think it is sad when a man loses his other half after undergoing something life changing like serious illness or PTSD . I find it with heart attack patients , sometimes the wife walks out on them afterwards .

well said a very sad case and a sayway to go rip

A very sad conclusion indeed, I hope Moat is burning in hell.

It must have been really difficult to go from being a traffic cop to not being able to do the job you loved and being blinded by absolute scum. Even when faced by such trauma he rose above it and set up a charity to help other injured members of the emergency services. He has my utmost respect for his attitude and his achievements. It was obviously a bit too much for his wife and while I feel that she should have stood by him, I sure she had her reasons and it was the right decision for her. She'll have to live with her decision.

R.I.P an honerable collegue.