a very proud day for me

mel b3

as one or two of you guys already know , my wife spent last year fighting breast cancer . after watching her go through the pain and fear of a massive operation then the misery of chemotherapy and radiotherapy she was just about worn out . today i've had the very great pleasure of watching her take part in and complete a 5km race for life in aid of cancer research , i've never been so proud , to see all those women running (some obviously still undergoing chemotherapy) for such a good cause was truly heart warming , i didn't actually see my good lady pass the finishing line as i think i got a bit of dust or something in my eye :no::)

i understand what u are going through my mum was diagnosed with brest cancer the same day its was announced to have it as well, she also went through the cemo and radiotherapy after having a mastectomy. although it stopped the spread to the soft tissue it had already spread to her spine and one of her vertebraes was destroyed. she has just started the radiotherapy again as it has spread to her pelvis. glad to hear her race whent well.

cheers

flash

ps. soz if i hijacked your thread.

Mel, a couple of years ago my wife had to go and have a check-up at Selly-Oak hospital after finding a lump. It turned out to be a cyst and was drained there and then.

I can’t tell you how those couple of weeks dragged me down with worry, so I can’t begin to comprehend how you have coped with it all.

Give your wife my best wishes, and I genuinely pray that she will never have to go through anything like that again.

G.M.

well done to youre wife mate many happy days ahead for you and the good lady im sure

this horrible cancer thing is close to me as i lost my mother to it when i was 14 years and step mum in 98 and my fathers girlfriend last year its not me i feel sorry for but my dad , i do lots of raft races and sponcered stuff for cancer research ive had loads of tears on this subject but no dust was to be seen.

sorryto bash on but felt i had to say something all the luck of the day to you and youres

heres to happy days

good luck in the future kirky :no::)

All the best Mel with you're wife. Keep positive and have the will to get most out of live, best way to fight it !!! (along with medicine of course)

lost a close friend of mine just last week because of cancer, just 41 years old.....

have 4 other friends / relatives who are on chemo right now :no:

Can't explain but it seems this terrible disease spreads really quick. :)