Elton,what happened

welsh1

Hmmm. I've no wish to be obstreperous but by that rationale I fear you best lock most of the clay shooting meet threads, definitely our Cotswold ones which are frankly filthy, and about a zillion others which contain, more or less a degree of it. Some of which you might, if so inclined, term homophobic, even though I wouldn't apply that term myself.

However if you're referring to the smutty innuendo aimed at Elton John specifically then you really ought to come out and say it.

I recall a recent thread where (moderators included I believe) posted pictures of 'smashed in back doors' when discussing (IIRC) the woman on Countdown. Or some other game show. Where was the concern about the public's sensibilities then? I suggest that was far more offensive.

I can see the headline on Vegan News: "Armed hunters make sick jokes about aggravated sodomy of TV presenter."

There are 1.79 million messages on Pigeon Watch, it is impossible for Moderators to view every single one of them and so we rely somewhat on members drawing our attention to items.

Some sections of the Forum are read less than others and some threads have specific titles that may not attract a member to that subject.

It is likely therefore that reports in those areas are very rare.

I don't recall ever receiving one from the Food and Drink section, for example.

Experience has shown that its usually sufficient to remove a few posts and then post a "quiet word" on the thread, this has been successful in the past in drawing peoples attention to what is acceptable.

Persistent , or serious offenders receive individual messages.

As both posts by me were made in the "Elton John" threads, you can safely assume that I was referring to those comments.

Its also fair to comment that a lot has changed in "standards" on Internet platforms, we don't make the laws and some are still very grey areas, but we try to ensure that Pigeon Watch (and its members) are not placed at risk.

"Better safe than sorry", probably sums it up.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is purely hypothetical of course but I've sometimes wondered what would happen if William either abdicated/died/otherwise didn't become king.

If it was then left to Harry there would be a right hoo-haa, and would the royals then come clean (if James Hewitt is the daddy that is).

lol, as if it hasn't happened before. there is solid evidence that the queen herself doesn't have a legitimate claim to the throne.

http://www.serendipity.li/more/monarch.htm

brace yourselves, winter is coming :lol:

The problem with deleting innuendos is that somebody else always attempts to slip one in almost immediately afterwards.

I've noticed there are a lot of issues with "live" artists these days, and the quality of sound engineering is sometimes in favour of those at the venue (rightly so) which doesn't always transfer to TV.

The quality of visual production on some of the "pageants" has also been annoying, with close-ups of individuals in large choreographed pieces that would be far better in the context they were intended (viewed as a whole).

Edited by Tug

Watching the concert,what happened to Elton's voice, it sounds like he has had his front teeth kicked in.

To much botox in the top lip?he has lost his great voice.

It's time these old boys shuffled off to their 24carat retirements and just performed privately for their freinds and families. Once it's gone it's gone and you risk the danger of becoming a joke!! In other words 'let it be'.

I came in as grace jones was taking to the stage :oops::oops::no::no::no::no::no: that was soooooooo bad ..... then i noticed the queen enter after..they must have pre warned her :lol:

the comedy was awful..tom jones was without doubt the best act of the evening as for the rest..I think they were well under par :yes:

Was it me or did Sir Paul have silver oak leaves on his black military style jacket - as far as I'm aware only the Germans wore that style during WW2.

Plus sir Paul was stood behind the Queen at the end - did he ask for he MBE back.

Just got in from rabbit shooting.... what did I miss?

Brilliant! :good:

I missed most of it too, well apart from the short session in my mates shoot truck on the way to smashing some foxes. Cheers for that Phil, now I can't be proud to say I missed the whole thing! :rolleyes::lol:

What a load of ****. Yeah the queen is ok, but to give a bank holiday in celebration? I feel so sorry for the businesses who have had to budget an extra day off for their staff from their own pockets. And when the country is pretty skint as it is. Good work royals, absolute genius idea! :no:

What a load of ****. Yeah the queen is ok, but to give a bank holiday in celebration? I feel so sorry for the businesses who have had to budget an extra day off for their staff from their own pockets. And when the country is pretty skint as it is. Good work royals, absolute genius idea! :no:

Waayhay some one on my wavelength , you sir are a tight ***** business owner paying staff too !

Slightly OT, but I was unfortunate to turn the TV on when Stevie Wonder and will.i.am were performing 'Happy Birthday'.

Great original song, but really, Toe-curlingly bad enough, but then will.i.am shouts 'Happy Birthday, Your Highness'.

OK, so, I'm thinking dope.

In the traditional sense you understand.

Slightly OT, but I was unfortunate to turn the TV on when Stevie Wonder and will.i.am were performing 'Happy Birthday'.

Great original song, but really, Toe-curlingly bad enough, but then will.i.am shouts 'Happy Birthday, Your Highness'.

OK, so, I'm thinking dope.

In the traditional sense you understand.

I saw that as well. comedy. just shows those artists don't really care what they are singing about as long as they get their free advertising.