fac air

tweedledee

just a couple of pics from my past 2 mornings out. 3.30 rise each morning,whilst not huge bags i had 2 great mornings sport.my longest shot was 99 yds .all perfect headshot i can`t complain with my marksmanship at the minute. the gun is a 22 fac rapid,my favourite air rifle. conitions were perfect

87 yd headshot

062.jpg

bonce shot

065.jpg

graphic bonce shot.had this with hmr very rare i get it with an air rifle lol

066.jpg

some of yesterdays bag(need a new box lol)

067-1.jpg

this mornings bag

058-1.jpg

i had 25 rabbits over the 2 mornings.i know fac air is `nt highly thought off across the water but it`s a very useful tool and very capable.

Good shooting T., is FAC air quieter than moderated .22lr? What sort of energy does it produce? I shoot off homemade quad-sticks, cant use the bipod as the grass is too long. Between my lad and I, weve shot 34 from one horse paddock over last few days and theres more to go :good: great sport. Cheers moor man.

ps you have pm.

Nice shooting and excellent shot placement :good: I have just picked up the same rifle. Its doing 38lbs with Bisley Magnums. Its quite a lot louder with the Theoben Vortex silencer on it than the .22 r/f with a sak on it. But stunningly accurate. :yes:

only use jsb exacts now.bis mags too loopy for me. turbo you should back power off to 30 ft lb and regulate it. i get 100 shots to the fill at 900 odd fps.had a 100 yd kill a while back. 30 ft lb is any amount. yeah i reckon fac air is quieter than 22lr. moorman no pm as yet :hmm:

only use jsb exacts now.bis mags too loopy for me. turbo you should back power off to 30 ft lb and regulate it. i get 100 shots to the fill at 900 odd fps.had a 100 yd kill a while back. 30 ft lb is any amount. yeah i reckon fac air is quieter than 22lr. moorman no pm as yet :hmm:

[/quote

]

i use a 30ft lb rapid with std theoben silencer and a .22 lr (sunbsonic ammo) and a realy old parker hale silencer. No way is the FAC air quieter with bullets / pellets in flight through the reflected thwack on connection is greater

i use a 30ft lb rapid with std theoben silencer and a .22 lr (sunbsonic ammo) and a realy old parker hale silencer. No way is the FAC air quieter with bullets / pellets in flight through the reflected thwack on connection is greater

I'd have to agree based on my experience of a 12ft/lb Rapid with standard Theoben moderator. That moderator needs updating, the competition have left it far behind.

well kent,first off my gun is regged which makes it quieter than your average fastflowed model(using less air)

secondly everyone knows the theoben silencer is n`t the best. i fitted an uprated hw. maybe the longer barrel helps cut down noise too. this rapid is as quiet as a 12 ft lb gun

I'd have to agree based on my experience of a 12ft/lb Rapid with standard Theoben moderator. That moderator needs updating, the competition have left it far behind.

i suppose actual moderator has some bearing but a .22 sub will be pretty much silent with the poorest of moddies. Shooting stingers and the like- no chance as you cannot silence the sonic crack

well kent,first off my gun is regged which makes it quieter than your average fastflowed model(using less air)

secondly everyone knows the theoben silencer is n`t the best. i fitted an uprated hw. maybe the longer barrel helps cut down noise too. this rapid is as quiet as a 12 ft lb gun

Oh i dont disagree my moddy is not the best BUT a .22 lr with subs even with a cheap old worn out moddy should be as quiet as the click of a dry fire. The reflected thud of connection is all thats actually audible. So i am disputing FAC air is quieter than the moderated .22LR with subsonic ammo. My .22 lr is as quiet as my mates .177 ultra with a HW that does about 11 ftlb and the moddy must be near 25yrs + and done about a million rounds

Great shot, well done.

The problem though is that at 100 yards the pellet will have dropped by something like 30 inches and its trajectory will be so pronounced at the end of its flight that each extra yard will amount to another inch drop, not to mention the effect of even the lightest wind will have over the course of this distance and the fact that unlike a rimfire bullet it has to be precise to kill effectively I don't think it is the kind of shot anyone who has respect for their quarry should be taking.

In the same vein as those trying to get 60yard bunnies with a sub12 airgun, how many get wounded and crippled against the one good shot?

got 2 fac rapids with awt silencers :good: and a .22lr rimmy no way are the fac air guns quieter than the .22 lr

cheers KW

Edited by kdubya

Great shot, well done.

The problem though is that at 100 yards the pellet will have dropped by something like 30 inches and its trajectory will be so pronounced at the end of its flight that each extra yard will amount to another inch drop, not to mention the effect of even the lightest wind will have over the course of this distance and the fact that unlike a rimfire bullet it has to be precise to kill effectively I don't think it is the kind of shot anyone who has respect for their quarry should be taking.

In the same vein as those trying to get 60yard bunnies with a sub12 airgun, how many get wounded and crippled against the one good shot?

mate i totally understand,i only take 80 plus yard shots when the conditions are perfect. i always pick my pellets and am familiar with my hold over at the range i`m at. i take my sport seriously i assure you. you can wound at any range with a poorly placed shot with any calibre.

mate i totally understand,i only take 80 plus yard shots when the conditions are perfect. i always pick my pellets and am familiar with my hold over at the range i`m at. i take my sport seriously i assure you. you can wound at any range with a poorly placed shot with any calibre.

I appreciate you not taking offence at my post. I have been playing with a 33fpe AA S510E for the last 6 months and it is a great bit of kit but it doesn't have the room for error that a rimfire does and if the shot is slightly off the chances are that the rabbit will run, hopefuly to die quickly, but it doesn't make me feel good when that happens so I find myself letting the long shots go in favour of the closer ones knowing the rabbits will still be there for another day.

Edited by sitsinhedges

I would have liked a 30 ft/lb as first choice without knowing a great deal about the behaviour of an fac rifle. However, having spent the weekend testing/fiddling with it, I am happpy how it is.

Running it over the chrono, I was getting 24 shots with bis mags before the power dropped off. That was around 41ft/lbs, variation 1.4lbs. I backed the power off and ran another string. That gave 32 shots @ 38lbs with a variation of 1.3lbs before starting to drop. At a zero of 45yds with bis mags it will shoot a sub inch out to 54yds. I can push out to 60yds with a 1 1/2 inches of holdover, but wouldn't go past that. Other factors come into play, holdover, wind, flyers and scope reticles. Yes I am short on shot count compared to a 30ft/lb, but I would expect 99.99% kills out to 54 yds. Thats a lot of bunnies to carry back to the car for a refill :yes: Would I like more shots per fill? yes of course. At the expense of trajectory over my preffered range, no. A reg would be nice, but its not neccesary and doesn't justify the expense for me.

Well done though for knowing your aim points, and your ability to shoot :good: I might just give jsb's a go :yes:

Edited by turbo33

Great shot, well done.

Tweedledees setup is same as mine :) At 100 yards drop is only 15" and not 30" :good:

No one likes to see injured quarry, Atb Rich