on flatteren rape field for an hour

proTOM1

i,m not sticking up for anyone cat but only today, we saw pigeons going in on 2 flattened rape fields but they were surrounded by spring barley thats months off from harvest yet,so probably why they was going on it, but it was the first time i have seen them going on it this summer.

but toms post is clearly porkies

Edited by yickdaz

theres one large rape field near my work that is getting hammered from about 11 oclock till 5ish ,theyve just started caining the edge of the wheat feild big bags wouldnt be impossible depends if they stick around after the first shot

not sure about the pics but cant see it be worth it not exactly making a fortune outta taking people out by the time you work in his fuel plus the time ive never shot with the guy but wot ive read seems a stand up chap and lets be fair you are dealing with wild birds so a blank or bad day happens just my opinion :yp:

i,m not sticking up for anyone cat but only today, we saw pigeons going in on 2 flattened rape fields but they were surrounded by spring barley thats months off from harvest yet,so probably why they was going on it, but it was the first time i have seen them going on it this summer.

but toms post is clearly porkies

OK, but a little while back you were telling me they were going to cut your rape at Christmas, as you were convinced it was flowering in October :lol: , so who do we believe here..?? :blink:

I know you've had it bad "Oop North" weather wise, and there are plenty down here who say you deserve it...(me included) :good: , but......they're ain't no "flattened rape" in these parts, it's now so tall you literally couldn't walk through it.. :o

There are several fields of Barley that are well on, but not much has been laid, the small patches that are laid are being well and truly hammered... :yes:

Cat.

OK, but a little while back you were telling me they were going to cut your rape at Christmas, as you were convinced it was flowering in October :lol: , so who do we believe here..?? :blink:

I know you've had it bad "Oop North" weather wise, and there are plenty down here who say you deserve it...(me included) :good: , but......they're ain't no "flattened rape" in these parts, it's now so tall you literally couldn't walk through it.. :o

There are several fields of Barley that are well on, but not much has been laid, the small patches that are laid are being well and truly hammered... :yes:

Cat.

but we both know i was pulling yer leg on that score :lol:

well up to you, you don,t have to beleive me, but i,m telling yer they are going on flattened rape fields around these parts.plenty laid barley that they are hammering but not on our land.

hardly any laid wheat about just a small patch on a perm and they are going on it, just letting them build and have a go next weekend

but we both know i was pulling yer leg on that score :lol:

well up to you, you don,t have to beleive me, but i,m telling yer they are going on flattened rape fields around these parts.plenty laid barley that they are hammering but not on our land.

hardly any laid wheat about just a small patch on a perm and they are going on it, just letting them build and have a go next weekend

OK, you didn't take the bait on that one....... :lol:

Good shooting Pal, hope you do well over the next few weeks, I'm Clay shooting pretty much every weekend up until mid September, so the Pigeons will have to wait.. :blink:

All the best,

Cat. :good:

Cat.

you want to come up north mate, and see flattend rape, my mate got a bag of 37 on tuesday, so there you go, but you being an expert on southern rape, try to tell us what our northern rape, should be like for flowering and shooting, get in the real world mate, on farming land what are 100 of miles apart, taking north south weather conditions at the time.

there are all so other laid crops that are getting hit, so you shoot when it comes possible, till harvest time.

I've just has a quick check and the last 10 or so pictures posted by proTOM1 were all taken at least a year earlier, and some 2 years! The camera is the same but the dates are all over the place so it's not a case of having the date set wrongly on the camera.

He also sells days so this is blatant bull#### and lies to sell more days.

I've just has a quick check and the last 10 or so pictures posted by proTOM1 were all taken at least a year earlier, and some 2 years! The camera is the same but the dates are all over the place so it's not a case of having the date set wrongly on the camera.

He also sells days so this is blatant bull#### and lies to sell more days.

well thats what has blown him up the odd 1 could have been passed off as a mistake but the last 3, have links to posts made last year with the same pic, so as you say wrong camara date isn,t even in the equation

rape up here also getting flatterned by weather and also apperantly too much nitrogen can cause it. plenty of pigeons on it but unshootable as birds can not be picked. no way i would send my dog in there. :no: as for the op pigeons shot myself 2011 etc yeah right my **** :ermm:

:o his credability has just dropped through the floor!

thing is he was a prolific pigeon shooter in 2010, 2011, his posts and pics were genuine, but this year for some reason he has been putting old pics to new posts for some strange reason only he can say why but do you think he will even come back on the forum after all this to even try to explain

i once commented on a post of his about taking newbies out stating money talks, i was jumped upon by several people backing him up saying at 30 quid he isnt making anything and hes doing it for the love of the sport and to get people with no land out :hmm: , if he gets 2 people coming every day thats 420 quid a week :unsure: and thats only 2 people, so lets not talk rubbish, hes getting it for free after all, to post old pictures on new posts to make it look like your getting good bags all the time so unexperienced people will book a day and think they will bag up is clearly wrong :no: pigeon shooting is a fickle thing and nobody can guarantee good bags. I used to enjoy reading his posts and seeing the pictures of good days, really dont know why someone with so much permission has to stoop to doing this :oops: , it clearly isnt a mistake and if its to do with wanting to be the one getting the most pigeons all the time then that really is sad :no: ,ive had some of my most enjoyable days getting less than 20 birds, its not the size of the bag, its about your surroundings, who your with and just being out there, think he has lost all credability on here.

thing is he was a prolific pigeon shooter in 2010, 2011, his posts and pics were genuine, but this year for some reason he has been putting old pics to new posts for some strange reason only he can say why but do you think he will even come back on the forum after all this to even try to explain

If that is the case then that is a shame....pride comes before a fall? If I were him there's no way I would come back on here I don't se how you could look anyone in the eye on here again to be honest. :no:

Why the lynch mob attitude, lets give people the benefit of the doubt.

ProTOM1 has been very helpful to a lot of people on Pigeon Watch and not for reward.

His charges for a days pigeon shooting are more than reasonable, taking into account the amount of work that has to go into it and many members have been grateful for the experience (and tuition).

I have been seeing pigeons landing on the top of 4ft tall rape for the last few weeks, the crop is so dense in places it looks solid.

Unfortunately, this is all happening in the middle of large fields and there is no way to get near them.

I for one hope Tom doesn't stop posting as a result of this mistake/error of judgement/or whatever it is.

Why the lynch mob attitude, lets give people the benefit of the doubt.

ProTOM1 has been very helpful to a lot of people on Pigeon Watch and not for reward.

His charges for a days pigeon shooting are more than reasonable, taking into account the amount of work that has to go into it and many members have been grateful for the experience (and tuition).

I have been seeing pigeons landing on the top of 4ft tall rape for the last few weeks, the crop is so dense in places it looks solid.

Unfortunately, this is all happening in the middle of large fields and there is no way to get near them.

I for one hope Tom doesn't stop posting as a result of this mistake/error of judgement/or whatever it is.

I have no problem with him charging for shooting at all and he clearly knows his stuff, but to post old pics and to claim they are recent bags on more than one occasion amounts to basically false advertising, implying he is hooting big bags now which were shot over a year ago. Just not on. If he wasn't charging to take people out then it would just be a bit sad, but since he does charge it is a lot more serious.

if he gets 2 people coming every day thats 420 quid a week :unsure:

Thats just off of this forum. How many other forums is he advertising on? how many local mates/clients does he have?

If hes in it for the business, £30 and you have a **** day, you probably wont bother winging about it and wright the day off as just ''one of those days'' and probably have another go in a week or 2.

Posting up old pics to big your permissions up, how many business's exaggerate their products to get sales . . . . ALL OF THEM DO!

Eg; All the top makes of auto shotguns, they all claim to be the best, the fastest, the most reliable etc....

The mans been caught out blagging, only those that have been out shooting with him can can say if the decoying trips are worth the money or not.

If he did it to big himself up, then he's a ****** :good:

There are many posts on the Forum from "customers" saying what good days they had and I don't recall one complaint.

I don't believe this matter requires the building of a gallows, nor a phone call to the Serious Fraud Squad.

Members can make their own minds up, but this thread is now closed.