Giant Hogweed Burns.

Bleeh

I got a couple of splashes whilst strimming - the piccies are up on here somewhere.

Nasty stuff.

They say the skin is perma-****** UV resistance wise thereafter.

The real danger is the hollow stems are used by kids to blow through and the burn isn't immediate so they don't know or feel the danger and keep playing with it. Result is burnt, swollen and seized wind pipes.

had a few burn's meself. a few a year ago[ nowt compared to the poor guy in the pics] me and a mate were clearing a fishing spot on the river :blink:

didnt know about this stuff back then :no: doctor told me if it doesnt come in contact with sunligh[ say you chopped em down at night then washed it off] it wouldnt blister up :hmm: it's the uv light that triggers the burn.

Edited by miroku moocher

Bugga, the amount of times I've snicked through a hedge where that stuff is without thinking it was such bad stuff. What about the poor kids who play in it. Seems like it ought to be a notifiable weed; but having said that, ragwort was and it's still rife.

I strimmed a bit back in the hot spell we had a couple of months ago. I came up in small blisters on my arms and around the neckline of my t-shirt but nothing like that! I wouldn't want to be him, it scars up pretty badly for a while. :/

At least (in my experience anyway) it doesn't hurt as much as it looks like it does.