Got behind it but *** is this?

955i

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I liked the opening ceremony, I liked the sport and I liked the closing ceremony. All told it was a damned good show. Well done to all involved.

Spot on. I tried to imagine how people the other side of the world imagined the British and the ceremonies summed us up well. We're a little country with a big attitude, we made a big difference to world industry, culture, music, democracy and played a significant part in freedom, twice.

Big up UK for a while, we can all be glum again soon enough when our economy crashes and the bins need emptying.

Well I have been a serious Olympic cynic but after 16 days I have changed my mind.

The opening ceremony was spectacular if somewhat eccentric.

The whole games, organisation, experience and atmosphere, and performance of Team GB was unexpectedly brilliant.

The Closing ceremony again was eccentric, dodgey in parts, but as a glowing example of British showmanship and international bewilderment producing extravaganza it passed every test.

All in all I believe Britain has shown the rest of the world we may be a tiny nation but even when the chips are down, whether thats because of war or financial recession, we come out fighting in our own determioned way and win.

I am very proud of our entire Olympic performance.

If there were an event of "Flogging a dead horse" this thread has pointed out a Gold Medal potential keyboard warrior.

:lol: I guess some of us where watching a totally different show..the one i saw was 100% fantastic..to organise a show like that took skill and expertise........ the camera work and lighting were just awesome

dont you just love these people who sit on their **** and knock what others achieve..

watching youngsters getting off their backsides ,even if it was banging dustbins..at least they had the ***** to get up there and deliver....

Well done GB the whole thing was awesome :good:

LOL Just read through this thread and there are some VERY funny replies lol! Being stuck out in the middle east I didnt see any of it so cant pass judgement. Only glad I missed watching that clown May who looks like he has a badger stuck to his napper and also that bunch of talentless girls who think they are spicy! Did the auld hazbeen Mcartney show up or did he sleep in at his care home???

As a moderator aren't you supposed to be above opinions on members?

I did try to post an explanation but for some reason it kept overtyping so I gave up.

If you really don't like me, then ban me.

Otherwise suck it up, as I know mods have to being Admin on another forum :good:

Sure if you don't see this then it will be pointed out to you by one of the lap dogs soon.

No offence was meant but I know that doesn't mean much here.

Moderators are forum members with 'special powers' if you like, we don't just moderate.

My comment was regarding your previous attention seeking post:

Don't like it, will probably not be visiting so much.

No great loss to the forum I guess but hey.

It was just an observation based on the fact you are clearly you are unhappy here, but it seems since then we have seen more of you, not less.

We don't ban people we don't like, similarly you can't be banned for being slightly annoying or not being particularly popular, of course I am not for one minute implying you are either of these ;)

Moderators are forum members with 'special powers' if you like, we don't just moderate.

My comment was regarding your previous attention seeking post:

It was just an observation based on the fact you are clearly you are unhappy here, but it seems since then we have seen more of you, not less.

We don't ban people we don't like, similarly you can't be banned for being slightly annoying or being not particularly popular, of course I am not for one minute implying you are either of these ;)

good to see the pen is mightier than the sword :friends: :friends: :friends:

I realy enjoyed the whole thing, apart from the speaches. Take That were very good and it took alot from Mr Barlow.

I have read a few newspapers online from around the world this morning (ones in English) and there is a lot of congrates for the games, even the Aussie are calling it the best Olympics ever. http://www.theaustra...6-1226448817536

The Memsahib went off to bed early.

Sat in my chair with feet on Merlyn (lab).

Two or three, maybe it was four, glasses of malt.

Thoroughly enjoyed the show - woke up at 1am, with crick in neck, let Merlyn out for a pee and todled off to bed.

A good nights entertainment.

Well done the Olympians.