What do you guys think of this?

Boromir

Do you think the guy was right to stab the other dog? I think so as it sounds like the other dog attacked his and he was defending himself and his dog, he tried kicking and punching the other dog to get it off his first then went inside his house to get the knives.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/4586977/Dog-knifed-23-times-dies-in-owners-arms.html

Don't really get the full story.

Were both dogs on the lead?

Are both agressive (both bull breeds)?

Shame it happened but having Staffs for many years a responsible owner should know how to choke a dog off if it gets into a fight.

My staffs were always kept on a lead but that didn't stop other dogs running up to them even when I shouted at the owner of the other dog that mine weren't friendly.

Most replied "it's ok cos mine don't fight"

I would like to know what the woman did to try and get her dog off the other one. Is she one of those that just standby smirking because her dog is winning, then when something like this happens they act as the victim. Also by the looks of the woman it was a dog she probably couldnt control if on the lead or not.

Not sure I would stab another dog after the event but I would do anything I can at the time to protect my two.

I read the same story elsewhere and there were a lot of claims that it was an aggressive dog that she didn't keep under control, so if that is true then I have no sympathy for the owner of the poor thing at all. She shouldn't have had anything larger than a hamster.

I'm also surprised the guys Staff survived.

The American Bull Dog is probably in excess of 100lb whereas the Staff would be around 40lb

If the Bulldog meant it the Staff would have been dead or mortally wounded by the time he got in his house and got a knife

I have had dog aggression issues with my chesie which we've been working hard on.

Some **** let his chocolate lab run up to us the other night with mine on the lead. Mine was behaving but when he decided to try and hump mine well... My dog grabbed his by the throat and ragged it on the floor. I pulled them apart and us owners had a few words.

I have since seen his son who said my dog cost him £200 in stitches at the vets!

Edited by Logo

I always thought that the best way to separate two dogs was a bucket of could water dogs are very single minded.

I do not understand why people have to have these big dogs that are much to powerful for them to control but then I have always had small dogs so what would I now.

Edited by four-wheel-drive

Block I live in is ex-council, mostly been sold off private but they shipped some lunatic women who had 3 dogs like that a while ago. They were off the lead in the stairs all the time, it was a nightmare. If this woman felt the need to get a dog that size, call it 'tyson' and let it off the lead in public I expect she is of the same ilk.

I feel sorry for both dogs in the story, they need to find a way to stop these people buying dogs, they are never kept properly, it's just plain cruelty

Terriers of all types are determined dogs, they don't seem to feel much pain and in general aren't scared of much. You need more than a bucket of water and harsh language to see one off. These dogs have been bred to kill, and just treating them as a pet won't ever completely remove that instinct. Blood counts with dogs, I have two dobermans and I wouldn't trust them with a kid or leave them with an unfamiliar adult , you just can't take that risk, I'd never consider letting them roam around in populated areas unsupervised and un-muzzled.

The dog suffered for the owners ignorance, yet again.

Terriers of all types are determined dogs, they don't seem to feel much pain and in general aren't scared of much. You need more than a bucket of water and harsh language to see one off. These dogs have been bred to kill, and just treating them as a pet won't ever completely remove that instinct. Blood counts with dogs, I have two dobermans and I wouldn't trust them with a kid or leave them with an unfamiliar adult , you just can't take that risk, I'd never consider letting them roam around in populated areas unsupervised and un-muzzled.

The dog suffered for the owners ignorance, yet again.

:good:

Could be a simple case of self defence, but i don't want to pass judgement until i know the full facts. I want to know, how did this dog fight start? Which side started it? There is often more to these kind of stories than is reported.

One thing i will say though, he must have seriously bad quality kitchen knives.

Edited by VikingRebel