1 moment of stupidity and I've lost everything

Marine1980

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gonna be a little harsh here,Marine,but its for your own good.You start by telling us about your arguement and imminent break up but then move fairly swiftly onto your guns!!! Leave the guns where they are and forget about them for a while,the only important thing at the moment is your wife and your relationship with her and your kids.

if you dont get them back can i have first dibs on them.. :innocent: :innocent:

mikky

Chuffing hell mikky !! Not cool.

As Taxi driver said Marine, sounds like your Mrs hasn't given up completely. Try and embrace this crossroads fella, theres obviously something going off that you aren't in tune with. It may just be a shot over the bow. Good luck fella

To be fair to my wife she even spoke to them and offered to drive down there this afternoon to be interviewed or what ever they felt nessasery to realise this is all been blown out of per portion And taking my guns would only put more of a strain on our relationship which she hopes (in her words) to sort out.

I was going to just jump in and reply to this but figured it may be better to read it right through first. That little quote is what I was hoping to find and it's a bloody brilliant piece of luck!

Is there any way that you could shift over to a more civilian role from where you are now? At the end of the day life, wife and kids should come before work. She's given you a chance here so make the most of it! It's sounds like you've got a good one there if she's willing to help you even on the day of saying she's off. She clearly cares a lot about you.

Forget the guns for now, they're not going anywhere. Get and sort things with your other half the best way that you can and good luck. It sounds like you may be able to fix things if you talk a lot and act on what's said and I really hope that you do.

I came very close to splitting from my Mrs a few years ago, not good with 2 samll children arouns. Nothing major just loads of small agruments that we both had finally had enough of.

In the end all it took was a little time away together (one wekkend away in fact) away from the children home everything. to really appreciate how much we meant to each other.

Sometime we all just get in a rut and we need a wakeup call to realise how important our partners are

As others have mentioned you still have your licence so forget the guns for now and concentrate on whats most important to you, your family.

Chuffing hell mikky !! Not cool.

As Taxi driver said Marine, sounds like your Mrs hasn't given up completely. Try and embrace this crossroads fella, theres obviously something going off that you aren't in tune with. It may just be a shot over the bow. Good luck fella

just trying to inject some dark humor........didnt mean the rifles...its a new scope i need :lol:

Guys just thought I'd give you an up date on how things are going. With respect to the misses she's still away so I guess that won't really change for the next couple of days but reference the firearms, after speaking with the main licensing office and getting smoke blown up my **** for 30 mins I decided to ring my FLO direct. Once I had explained the situation and she had looked at the file on it, oh and stopped laughing at me. She told me not to worry about it as over the years she knows both myself and wife enough to know that the only thing I'm a threat to is rabbits etc. anyway the overall outcome is that she's popping to see me tuesday as she has to do the paper work trail to keep the cassette heads at the main office happy!

Thanks for all your continuous support.

Royal

Guys just thought I'd give you an up date on how things are going. With respect to the misses she's still away so I guess that won't really change for the next couple of days but reference the firearms, after speaking with the main licensing office and getting smoke blown up my **** for 30 mins I decided to ring my FLO direct. Once I had explained the situation and she had looked at the file on it, oh and stopped laughing at me. She told me not to worry about it as over the years she knows both myself and wife enough to know that the only thing I'm a threat to is rabbits etc. anyway the overall outcome is that she's popping to see me tuesday as she has to do the paper work trail to keep the cassette heads at the main office happy!

Thanks for all your continuous support.

Royal

On the grounds that, 'least said, sooner mended', I'd be a little careful in what you say on Tuesday. I could well imagine that at present a friendly female voice was far more welcome than some old grouch in an office. Problem is, that office has far more influence over your firearms ownership than the friendly voice. Furthermore, the bottom line is is that 'friendly voice' is on her way to make pretty damned sure that the D&CC has their backside covered.

The few days pampering for the mrs that you organised was a good move for all the right reasons, just don't go and blow it on Tuesday.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys, sorry for the lack of updates! Right well the misses is back but I guess she had to come back as some stage if only to empty my wallet a few more times!! Lol In all honesty I think we should be sorted over time.

The meeting with the FLO went well, I was also taken to we're the guns were being stored and told by here to take pics as there happily rusting in a damp metal wardrobe so she advised that I should get the official paper work to pick them up next week some time but not to except them in the condition they are now in. She also shiwed me how to submit a claim against them to either get them cleaned up or replaced them at their cost! I couldn't ask for a nicer FLO she's brilliant she's more miffed than I am to be honest I'm just glad that there is finally light at the end if the tunnel!

If this thread does nothing than teach people to bite there lip during an argument then my brief loss has been worth it I guess!

As for the slappers I just hope she doesn't find out or it's me that's in danger!!!

Royal

Edited by Marine1980

Glad you have started to get things sorted out. If the guns are in a worse condition than when the police took them, its worth making a claim for things like re-blacking due to rust or other damage like stock damage. If its possable to claim to have them serviced as well, on the grounds they have been stored in a damp place and the internals might have suffered from rust.

Could be worth getting 2 quotes one to repair any damage and another one to replace the guns, if like my guns they were like new, worth seeing what the replacement cost is new as well, that then covers all angles when submitting your claim.

Can't you ask to go back to the guns and oil them up to stop the rust?

:shaun:

Mate that would be too obvious and too easy for them! I was able to see how they were being stored but wernt allowed to touch them so didn't get to inspect them fully!

I've just looked at the written invoice they gave me the night they took them away and it states 2 shotguns with serials then 6 rifles and scopes with rifle serials! I actually took all the scopes off before they took them so if anybody wants some new scopes we could always come to a good deal once I've put in a claim for them also! Lol

Royal