First Time Ferreting

Guest HandleBar

Guest HandleBar

Today me and Handlebar2 went ferreting with Bakerboy, Peltman, Stealthstalker, Catcherpelt, Philr & Huffhuff. For Handlebar2 and myself it was our first outing ferreting and we had an amazing day. I'm sure they don't know what hit them when we unleashed Tim (handlebar2) on them. We learnt a lot and are looking forward to the next time

We got 48 I think which I thought was great and Tim looks looks likes he's swallowed a coat hanger (not in the picture but since we got home) and I'm sure his school mates will hear all about it

IMG_0894.jpg

IMG_0895.jpg

Edited by HandleBar

It was a great day out for more than one reason. For me being out with my son and grand son, we do not often get the chance. For my grandson to be shown the ropes by such good teachers,especially "Jim the Fish" who when you see him move across the ground after the rabbit should really be called "Jim the Whippet".

There is plenty more work for us to do on this permission, where on one field alone the rabbits have had over 1/2 and acre of rape.

It is good to see 2 threads introducing youngsters to our pastime.

It is worth a mention and a big thankyou, to the PW members that supplied Handlebar2 with his 2 kits, nets a carry box plus other items to get him started.

Edited by bakerboy

A super day out for sure. Fantastic watching the experts at work and truly great to see the 'youngens' so keen!

ferret1.JPG

ferret2.JPG

ferret3.JPG

Ben you should have been with us as we hunted the Final Rabbit to make up the "50", you would have laughed your head off at the banter between the "experts".

When Hugh and I left and drove past the gate, a Rabbit ran out from where we had our last attempt, Hugh said to accelarate and run it over, It would have a been a great end to a great day (road kill making up the elusive "50") :lol: .

Big thank you to bakerboy again for supplying some crazy sport, thoroughly enjoyed myself, but above all enjoyed watching the excitment on tims face when he grabbed his first bunny. Its good to see the youth of today taking on board our ancient practice. Im sure half his class will be gagging to get stuck in too :good:

to be continued.................................

Cheers again Tel for getting us in on a awesome patch of land, as Jim says the day was made better for me seeing Tim in his element :yes:

His excited screams sounding up the hill of 'Rabbit Rabbit Rabbit' everytime a bunny bolted had me in stitches :lol:

Maybe it wasn't such a good idea to try for the 50, when the locator was showing a 6 foot layup at 4.30pm I was questioning our sanity.

Can't wait for the next outing.

SS