burglaries

top shot

Hi guys just would like to point out that a while back a few of my friends had there houses broken into and the guns were stolen the theives went straight for the guns in the cabinets nothing else 4 guns were stolen all high value and sentimental i had an attempted break in last week but as i have 5 point lock doors and special yale locks and a ADT alarm they left empty, its just that firearms holders seem to be targeted no one knows how they know this info but keep all eyes peeled and enhance security guys.

BETTER SAFE THAN SORRY

GOOD SHOOTING GUYS

TOP SHOT

I was broken into 2 years ago, lost 2 shotguns, plus the usual jewellery. Certainly was a wake up call. Top notch alarm fitted, two solid composite "rock" doors and put in laminated glass downstairs. Took the Mrs a while to settle down. Police were absolutely useless, because house contents were insured they didn't want to know. To the extent that some blood was found by the broken door used for entry. But because of cut backs they couldn't afford to send it for DNA testing for a match on the database. I wasn't pleased and at that point asked them to leave.

Thanks zulu good info, iv'e just taken all my guns etc off my sig on another forum. Lost my Guard dog a while back and thinking of getting another one. Also thinking of putting a security gate over my front door. A bit prison like but it all helps.

Edited by samboy

Interesting thread this, if a bit worrying. Its always concerned me that many PW members openly list their firearms, few criminals are stupid and a couple of hours spent trawling the net can supply enough info for a targeted robbery. I dont know the answer other than to keep a low (online) profile and ensure firearms are kept securely.

Over the years, we post a lot of personal info. p.w.sales, paypal, ebay, social networking and photos posted here. Im no I.T.expert but many criminals are...a sobering thought. Be safe, regards, moorman.

Edited by moor man

Interesting thread this, if a bit worrying. Its always concerned me that many PW members openly list their firearms, few criminals are stupid and a couple of hours spent trawling the net can supply enough info for a targeted robbery. I dont know the answer other than to keep a low (online) profile and ensure firearms are kept securely.

I think thats what most try to do , about a yr ago I got ripped off ( another forum ) , within the hour I had his full n/a/photo/work place/girl friend / and a lot of info about him all courtesy of Face Book , many people give far too much info about themselves and their purchases on that site

But its very good for tracking people and getting information .

must agree though that maybe we shouldnt have our collections on display as our signitures, but i am not about to start sneaking around when loading hte car for an afternoons shooting if the neighbours are ont he front when i load the car so be it i am not going to fret about it, if some one really wants to break into the house there is nothing in the world short of hiring ex SAS troopers to hide in the garden would stop them. You could argue that at the other end of the scale if some really wanted your guns and where that intent on getting their grubby mitts on your firearms they would smash their way in and force you to open the safe under the threat of severe violence.

Service hand scum you see... :cry1:

oh dear i didn't realise i was talking to "one of them" ;) he he fair play to ya pal who you work for?

Over the years, we post a lot of personal info. p.w.sales, paypal, ebay, social networking and photos posted here. Im no I.T.expert but many criminals are...a sobering thought. Be safe, regards, moorman.

You mustn't know many criminals then! :lol:

we have always been security minded

we have infra red CCTV covering front and back doors, plus side and garage, yes we also have the big English bull terrier

as everyone else does, I have guns

but they would/should be more scared of the wife, she has crossbows and baseball bats, and wouldn't think twice about using them

that's what you get for marrying a Yorkshire lass