Honeymoon locations

ollie

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We got married in August and went to Sicily for a week then to Malta for a week then back to Sicily for another week. It was a great three weeks except for the horrible manners that the Sicilians had, they were horrendous. Don't ask me what the week here, week there thing was all about, it was my wife that booked it.

I took the wife to Veligandu in the Maldives, not for our honeymoon unfortunately as we could't afford it at the time so we didn't have one.

This place is out of this world, take your shoes off when you get out of the sea plane and you don't put anything on your feet until you board it again when you leave. The most beautiful place I have ever been to. She'll love you forever!

http://www.veliganduisland.com/

I took the wife to Veligandu in the Maldives, not for our honeymoon unfortunately as we could't afford it at the time so we didn't have one.

This place is out of this world, take your shoes off when you get out of the sea plane and you don't put anything on your feet until you board it again when you leave. The most beautiful place I have ever been to. She'll love you forever!

http://www.veliganduisland.com/

We've been there it's lovely as are Komandoo, Villamendhoo, Mirihi.........

Hi all. Getting married this August and I am looking for suggestions for Honeymoon locations. I think Caribbean is out as August is not the best season. Would be nice to hear your suggestions and experiences. Where did all you guys go on honeymoon?

We travelled to the eastern seaboard of the USA hired a car and travelled Rhode Island up the coast to the Canadian border stopping at motels etc along the way sometimes for a night sometimes for a few. It started an annual pilgrimage to Cape Cod were we fished the beaches for Stripers and blues for many years. In August the cape will be warm but not scorching, sandy beaches run for miles there are great places to eat out at any time you wish from an early breakfast in a dinner to a late meal in a posher restaurant and lots of good shops to visit. Just hire a car and fly to Boston, if you don't like the accom or location just move on. A trip across to Marthas vineyard or Nantucket (were Jaws was filmed) by ferry is recomended

We went on a cruise round the Med with Norweigian cruises, the boats are fantastic like a floating 5 star hotel. By far the best holiday i have been on and we loved it as our honeymoon as we like to get out and do things and saw loads of different places. The idea of a remote beach hut for 2 weeks seemed boring to us. Also it was only a short flight to spain to get the boat - the last thing you would want after a busy few weeks before the wedding is a long haul flight. They are not that expensive either if you get a good deal.

Edited by ferguson_tom

didnt go there for a honeymoon but the tangjung aru in kotekinabalu borneo is brilliant book into the horizon lounge kinabalu wing with sea view absolutly beautifull lots of trips out to see nature orang-utans etc done it 3 times and still love it see if you can get a stopover in lankawi try 4 nights in the berjawa lankawi resort and 10 in borneo you wont be dissapointed fly malaysian airlines to kuala lumpur and change there

lol,ballintoy for a week...

No thanks lol, I am from 30 minutes down the coast.

We went on a cruise round the Med with Norweigian cruises, the boats are fantastic like a floating 5 star hotel. By far the best holiday i have been on and we loved it as our honeymoon as we like to get out and do things and saw loads of different places. The idea of a remote beach hut for 2 weeks seemed boring to us. Also it was only a short flight to spain to get the boat - the last thing you would want after a busy few weeks before the wedding is a long haul flight. They are not that expensive either if you get a good deal.

I'm not too sure about a cruise. We are the same, don't like the idea of sitting on a beach for 2 weeks.

We have been to see a travel agent and we are in 2 minds: whether to go Spain/Portugal and stay in a 5 star Hotel or go to somewhere like Mexico. I would love to go to USA and bring a suitcase and buy loads of shooting gear but the missus hates America.