Money no object, Best shotgun .

Will Poon

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Theres is ionly one gun for me, and lucky me I already own it a John Dickson round or trigger plate action. Ah but what about the McNaughton round action bar in wood niether of the two "Edinburgh Guns " can be beat for elegance,balance and workmanship.

Blackpowder

I'm with Blackpowder on this and don't think the round action guns can be beaten. However, unless I win the lottery it ain't happening! :/

There are so many I would like if money were no object! If I could choose out of guns I have shot with it would have to be the purdey 10 bore my friend has that I shot with last year. It was a bit heavier than a normal game gun but it handled so well, it was an absolute pleasure to use.

Interesting and differing views, so perhaps I would need to buy 2, one to use and one to hang on the wall and look at!

I'm not interested in makes or engraving for a usable Field/Game gun, any half decent manufacturer will do as long as the gun is built to fit me!

As regards the one to hang on the wall, I'm thinking! :yes::good:

The luciano bosis would be a bad purchase for me. An English gun will hold its value as the years creep by. An italian one will go down though it is a fine crafted gun. But me Miroku Mk38 trap 32" grade 1, fitted with a mk38 sporter stock is just fine. If i had the money i would have another but in grade 5 if brownings could do a good job of matching the stock and forend.

Edited by Ears

mine would be a made to order B25 3" chabmbered 30" barrels wide rib, three piece fore end, stock to my measurmentswith full pistol grip and teardrops. E ngraving - ovals on sides and bottom of action depicting my dogs past and present, surrounded by deep scroll work. I would also want it long teague choked with lengthened forcing cones.

essentially what i shoot now but new with poncy woodwork and engravingnot 35 years old !