Tod

I'm sitting wondering whether to go to work or not.

I need to drive 50 miles to Edinburgh, which I'm sure will be fine at the minute. It's the 50 miles home tonight I'm not so sure about?????!!!!!!

I don't mind driving in the snow, and I'm quite confident in the abilities of my well shod Berlingo. It's all the other tits on the road!

JF

we had about 6 inches here friday morning between 3am and 8am. we tried to get the three miles to work as we had some important work to get out.. we spent an hour going sidways laughing our *** off before giving up.. had a few more inches through the day with about 9 inches in total, more than we have had for years and most of it is still here its hardly thawed

I'm gob smacked snow plough has just cleared my road ,schools shut wots the country doing why shut schools ,the kids need to learn it's a pet hate of mine that I can get to work teachers cantle bothered, wonder if they get to school if they werent payed

It's pathetic isn't it. My children's school is open and others in the town are closed. Why? Because it's Private. The staff (teaching and non teaching) make the effort to get in and the parents make the effort to get the kids in (my Mrs will be dragging them in though a blizzard if necessary - because they are a pain at a home and we want our money's worth out of the school!).

Enjoy the snow. It's warming up a bit in Delhi at last.

2 to 3 inches, cold and picturesque here in the Rossendale Valley. I've just got up and I'm wondering if I should try to go for a walk about with the gun or the camera later on. As Jef has said, I don't mind driving in the snow, I;m quite a confident (And safe I believe) driver with nearly 45 years of driving experience but it's the other plonkers the worry me! With some of them give them an inch of snow and they just haven't got a clue!

Edit: Forget about the plan to go out for a walk with either the camera or the gun, it's just started snowing again - I think I'll go into hybernation for a couple of months instead!

Edited by Frenchieboy

We had about 6" but the main roads are all clear all the way to Hemel from Enfield.

Every year has been a nighmare for me whenever there was a bit of snow. The Mercedes just had to look at snow and get stuck! First time out in the DIsco since I got it and the traction control hasn't come on once. I've been looking forward to trying it out but also nervous because of the weight of the car, but it's been excellent I have to say.

Cos

Back in the day, the only time our school was closed due to snow, was if the heating had packed up or the huskies were on strike!! We now have Elf n Safety to blame for our school closures, for fear of our precious darlings having a spill on the ice, breaking something and the parent suing the school for negligence. Go figure!!

Time for the school run/walk, happy days....

I measured 12" on the car I have not been using since the snow started in North Norfolk on Tuesday last week, my other car has been great in the snow, Not bad for an Alfa Romeo GT!!. We had a little thaw on Saturday, but it has been coming down thick and fast for the best part of the week now. The roads have been excellent though with grit in the right places, which has meant I can do my 50mins commute to Kings Lynn every day. (although it did take me 5 hrs to get home last Tuesday after the heavy burst.)

Steve