Pump Club

thepasty

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Tis that, works hard for its keep, and rarely complains. Although I did have a trigger group pin go walkies yesterday while shooting clays yesterday, and managed to bend an 'action bar'. Bent back into shape and worked like a champ. Ordered a spare and some anti drift pins, but I doubt the spare bar will be required.

Edited by Grum87

Mine is a 28", sold to me as 1/2 choke, but measure 1/4 with my guage. That said my guage measures my Greener at 3/4 which was sold to me(and made as) full choke, so I question the guage.

Either way, it goes bang, time and time again, and stuff dies, or smashes.....except yesterday....but 5 minutes of swearing at it had it banging away again.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I finally found one.

It's a new haven 600 in pretty good condition, had a 28" barrel with a poly choke.

It now has a 24" (plus about 1/4" for safety lol) down side is open choke, although still patterns quite well at around 20yds. Slug is not too bad, recently got 8/10 on a steels comp.

Things left to do are, replace the wood with some plastics and cerakote the action and barrel.

(The tape was me marking the gun out- that's the 40" point from the butt)

b146a328bb9a7c01c13353b04e74538f_zpsrloz

Can I ask why you've chopped the barrel? Are you having it re-choked?

I had a new haven/mossberg 600 with the intention of doing the same purely for it to be used with slug for target shotgun comps.I managed to get a mossberg slugster before i got round to it so sold the 600.

Well I finally found one.

It's a new haven 600 in pretty good condition, had a 28" barrel with a poly choke.

It now has a 24" (plus about 1/4" for safety lol) down side is open choke, although still patterns quite well at around 20yds. Slug is not too bad, recently got 8/10 on a steels comp.

Things left to do are, replace the wood with some plastics and cerakote the action and barrel.

(The tape was me marking the gun out- that's the 40" point from the butt)

b146a328bb9a7c01c13353b04e74538f_zpsrloz&&0

Very nice. If you look back a few pages on here there is a photo of mind, I guess you are aiming for something similar. Good luck with your project.

Edited by MAB1954

Not bothering with re-choking.

This is primarily for use as a sec 2 PSG gun for introducing people to the sport in a smart and legal manner. (And want closest to minimum UK legal length- most of the people shooting it will be on he smaller side)

Does double duty as a not particularly good clay gun....

MAB, saw that one.

I'll be going olive metal work, black plastics (hogue short stock)

Edited by Capt Carrot

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...