How long did it take you ?

Sx3 clay breaker

I had a full bike licence and when the 1st Mrs jasper got pregnant i bought a 3 wheeler :lol: it was awful i had it 6 weeks managed to get a driving test within a week through someones cancellation and passed 1st time , thank gawd there was no theory test in those days , i do feel for you young drivers

i used to be a driving instructor.

the quickest i had a lad from scratch pass his test was 7 lessons, (17 year old)

the longest was a woman having 3 lessons a week for nearly 4 years (no confidence)

most people are looking at 15-20 hours but a lot depends on youre co-ordination and youre ability to follow instructions and of course if youve confidence to deal with traffic/jnc's etc

6 lessons at 18 for car. Did bike test at 17, no lessons.

Theory for bike on 17th birthday and car theory a few days later to get it out the way. was happy enough with just a bike for a year...but missed out on too much wildfowling so got car

4 lessons and then the test. I was worried about getting ripped off, so booked my test and then took lessons.

Mentioned it to the Driving Instructor on first lesson. He told me later, he and his wife had a laugh about it that night.

Passed first time - long time ago.

Three lessons including a half hour before my test, the second lesson was not planned but the instructor described it as a lesson to drive at a speed to pass a test. Unfortunately I had to wait 26 days after my 17th birthday to get a test date after sitting the theory the day after my birthday.

Took me 8 months and three driving tests. Had a 125 moped and learned to drive in my own car then had lessons to break my bad habits.

Only failed both times because of nerves. Reversed onto a curb first time (thought I was in first.. Bloody clios) second time I pulled out on someone going the wrong way down a one way street. (Bad observation apparently)

Bought car in May, £100 Ford Popular side valve engine three speed box top speed 55mph. Never had lessons just had pals take me out and occasdional drives in works vans, one had a crash gearbox double de-clutch job changing down. Passed test September same year that would be 1962 certainly would not get away with that today.

Blackpowder

Bought car in May, £100 Ford Popular side valve engine three speed box top speed 55mph. Never had lessons just had pals take me out and occasdional drives in works vans, one had a crash gearbox double de-clutch job changing down. Passed test September same year that would be 1962 certainly would not get away with that today.

Blackpowder

a lot of us oldies would probably find the paperwork hard, but there is a lot of youngsters would find that crash box equally hard lol

6 lessons but that was back in 1966

Did you have to pay extra for the bloke in the top hat to walk in front of you waving the red flag Tel?

I think I had 7 official lessons, plus a fair bit of driving experience on L-plates with my mum, passed first time in 1987.

First vehicle I drove on the road was a Fordson Dexta when I was 13.

Edited by Thunderbird

a lot of us oldies would probably find the paperwork hard, but there is a lot of youngsters would find that crash box equally hard lol

That old Utility Austin truck had been bought as an engine and chassis, the bodywork was local joiner built in -wait for it 1/4 inch hardboard, I suspect the windows might have been ordinary plate glass wich for a good job no body ever had the chance to find out.

Blackpowder