Worst breakfast ever

Blackpowder

This morning I had to take a party to an early morning train (6am ish) . As a farmer had phoned yesterday about pigeon devastating his rape I wanted to be on the move, fed and nourished A.S.P. Where can you get a breakfast at 6am, why MacDonalds of course, never been before but there is always a first time. Being a greenhorn where Mac's is concerned I asked for the obvious, "the big breakfast", of which I have happy indigestable memories off from other establishments, with visions of black pudding, bacon , eggs mushrooms etc etc. Well it arrived in front of me a spoonful of scrambled egg, a slice of an indifferent meat product which I assume was Macs version of sausage, what looked like toasted rolls and an unidentified object in a little paper package. It tasted as ghastly as it looked, filled as gap you could say, in fact it did not really taste ghastly it just tasted of nothing. Well life is a learning curve after all and that is one lesson learned. What is your worst ever breakfast experience?

The pigeons? They took one look at my plastic decoys and bugged off over the horizon never to return.

Blackpowder

so you have never come out of a club at 9am...to then stumble up the street to macD for a McDonalds double sausage and egg McMuffin,a hash brown and coffee.....then down to the weatherspoons train station for another pint and home

Those were the days -

We'd have 2 bacon and egg and 2 bacon and sausage McMuffins with lattes each - like you say, filled the gap till 11am when the local opened !

Stayed at a B&B in a Sunderland pub once with my colleagues while working away.

We usually hand picked our B&B's and made sure they served nice full English or similar but this was a last minute thing so just took what was available.

They advertised a 'continental breakfast' which we figured would be OK.

Came down to the breakfast room in the morning to find two locals already downing pints and us as the only other customers.

Our 'continental breakfast' subsequently turned out to be a box of own brand cornflakes, half a loaf of white bread and a toaster.

No staff around so no tea or coffee.

The rooms had been awful, with a party going on downstairs until 3am when we had to be up at 6 so went back to the office after and instructed the company to refuse to pay the bill.

McD's breakfasts are blessings from above - Best thing on the menu by far!!

Double sausage muffin, hash brown and a large cappuccino - Lovely stuff!!!

(Oh and the biscuits referred to on page 1 from the US McD's are like scones - They serve them in the US all the time and they are rubbish on their own, but great with gravy - You get them all over the place)