" Berettas dont shoot like Brownings "

b16jus

As someone who has never shot a Beretta O/U shotgun my questions is whats so different ?

As with any gun it will take a few shots to get to know does it shoot high / low / flat etc etc

But people say i shoot a browning and if i shoot a beretta im rubbish ? are they really that different ?

I was looking forward to buying a 692 when they are out but not sure if its going to be a total waste if i suddenly " cant hit a thing "

J

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

people who say you cant shoot browning if you can shoot beretta are talkin ****,i shoot different guns on same targets with similar results,ishoot a 20g medalist o/u and a300 sa and a lanber 12g o/u depending on what i feel like useing on the day thats at walked up pheasants,snipe,parts.duck flighting and pigeon decoying.but i cant use sa on walked up rough shoot,but dont want to.

Edited by hawkfanz

looking at what you have owned and what you own now I'd say you moved over to Browning for a reason,that reason probably hasn't changed.I've owned both and I have an XS prestige now.why?because I like the weight and balance and the comb and an ISIS adj stock pad enable me to get it fitting how I need it,it's all about fit and balance,that 725 should be all you need.

The fit ( cast) is slightly different, people usually prefer one or the other, not many can shoot both consistently well. I have had 3 Mirokus but for the last 20 years I have used a 687 almost exclusively. Once I got the stock shortened a bit I shoot better with that than any other shotgun I have owned.

I tended to find with my Miroku's that my eye was looking over the rear left side of the breech so the barrels would always be pointed left of where I thought.

A

I have two Berettas, both have been fitted for me with additional cast (on both), and alterations to the butt plate angle as well. I have shot two Browings owned by friends, both reasonably sucessfully (for me), but I have shot my best scores with a 100 year old Henry Atkin, unaltered from how I bought it! Presumably it just happens to fit? (does feel right).

Someone once told me Browings are like an old farm gate - maybe its because they keep going forever or perhaps just that they sound like one when you close the action - I'm obviously a woman as I prefer Beretta but would shoot a pea shooter (at appropriate quarry) if thats all I had !

I shoot Brownings because I find Beretta's are too slim in the action/grip for me

The older Beretta's were ok, now having said that, the 725 is heading in the Beretta direction

oh and just to keep it real, Beretta's are for women...lol

P.S.

Beretta still makes the best Auto's in the world...true story

:shaun:

Tried for a few years with a Silver Pigeon S but couldnt get on with it. I changed it to a Browning 525 and didnt look back.

Likewise I tried a 687 20 bore for two years at game with mixed results. Changed it to a Miroku 20 bore and shoot really well with it (for me anyway!)

I think it depends on your body shape. One generally suits better than another for the normal shooter. And then there are the George Digweeds of the world who can shoot with anything ....

That said, a good stocker can make any gun fit. But off the shelf, they do mount differently.

Tried for a few years with a Silver Pigeon S but couldnt get on with it. I changed it to a Browning 525 and didnt look back.

Likewise I tried a 687 20 bore for two years at game with mixed results. Changed it to a Miroku 20 bore and shoot really well with it (for me anyway!)

I think it depends on your body shape. One generally suits better than another for the normal shooter. And then there are the George Digweeds of the world who can shoot with anything ....

That said, a good stocker can make any gun fit. But off the shelf, they do mount differently.

I have the body of Digweed but thats where it ends

It's what feels right for you, yes the Beretta has a slim action / grip, but both guns have a different balance and feel, i do prefer the older Beretta's made in the 80's though.

At the end of the day if you can shoot then you can pick up most guns and shoot reasonably well with it, but your scores will go through the roof when you pick up a gun that just feels right.

I shoot Beretta's for clay's and a Browning Maxus in the field which also has a slim feminine grip :whistling:

• 7 months later...
Guest hotshot rasher

I shoot Brownings because I find Beretta's are too slim in the action/grip for me

The older Beretta's were ok, now having said that, the 725 is heading in the Beretta direction

oh and just to keep it real, Beretta's are for women...lol

P.S.

Beretta still makes the best Auto's in the world...true story

Hi, a lease Beretta don't rust like Browning do?

Tried them all Beretta's, Browning's, Miroko, A few odds and sod's

Found my Bettinsoli to suit me best,

Have to agree that a good shot with a average gun fit will be able to shoot any gun to a very high standard, top guns just use what they are paid to use, the same with Cartridges