What's your favourite whiskey?

IXI KARL IXI

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

famous grouse. good old consistant no frills and hits the spot. been drinking it for years. :)

I prefer grouse over bells. I got bought some snow grouse, its nice strange pouring whiskey from the freezer but can't complain :)

Dalwhinnie 15 yr old single malt

Jura 16 yr old single malt

The above are my favourite tipples,and if my brother remembers when coming through duty free from singapore a glass of this,

bottle.jpg

I've never seen that walkers before, had the red, black, double black, green, gold and blue. You have a nice brother if he brings you that as a gift, just seen the price on the whiskey exchange

I prefer grouse over bells. I got bought some snow grouse, its nice strange pouring whiskey from the freezer but can't complain :)

I've never seen that walkers before, had the red, black, double black, green, gold and blue. You have a nice brother if he brings you that as a gift, just seen the price on the whiskey exchange

My brother is working between Singapore and papa New Guinea at the moment so doesn't spend much as all the food etc is free in png,as they live on a mountain in the jungle,so he gets a bottle of something when he pops home for Christmas for my Dads birthday/ Christmas present,it's an unspoken rule that on Boxing Day when the family all gather the bottle gets opened and we all have a few glasses,only Dad,me and,brother like whiskey so that's a bonus.Its always interesting what he finds in duty free,but this was very nice,Jw blue label was good,and I remember a very good Japanese bottle that went down very well a suntory 18 yr old.

My brother then always declares that JD is the best and demolishes a bottle of it with coke,you would not believe that he could chose a good whiskey.

Nothing like a family drink, I enjoy a bottle with my mum and dad, they like to travel to Scotland a lot and vist a few distilleries on route. So end up with different bottles that you don't see in the shops, which is a nice treat. I love JD neat, with coke anything really. I like bourbon a lot. If you fancy a different taste to JD try four roses or buffalo trace.

Someone else's.

Nothing tastes as good as a free drink

Glen Moray, liked since the first sip.

But for everday drinkables you can't go wrong with a bottle of Tesco own brand Grouse! ;)

Never tried tried glen moray I must admit. But this is why I thought I would ask the question, to find a new drink. It like a adventure :)

Ardbeg

Caol Isla (think thats how its spelt)

:)

Here comes the pedantic bit.

Whiskey (with an e) is not made in Scotland. That would be whisky.

My favourite whiskey is Black Bush - from the Bushmills Distillery in Co. Antrim.

And yes, it really does say Black Bush on the bottle.

Edited by Big Al