Devestated - Nearly lost my wife today.

Frenchieboy

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hope all is well mate, I'm sure shell be fine. It's time for you to look after her mate and do her brews instead of the other way round ha ha ha, Marlene does do a cracking brew though , give her a hug from me and my lot Pete,

Much love to you mate,

Atb

Flynny

Only just read this, I'm glad your wife is on the mend mate it must have been terrible for you.

I know what you mean about appreciating what you've got, unfortunately my wife miscarried about 7 weeks ago and it's been one of the most difficult time in our lives. It seems to have brought us closer together though.

Nothing wrong with crying either mate, I've kept a brave face on for my wife as she's been extremely effected by it and I've needed to be the strong one but I've cried a couple of times whilst walking the dogs at 5am.

Keep your chin up mate and best wishes to you both.

Atb Gary

Only just seen this post, my best wishes to your wife and yourself Frenchie I'm so pleased to hear she's on the mend!

My wife was also taken ill two years ago and I have almost been a full time carer for her since then. I agree with you when you say you don't realise how much you love them untill something like this happens.

Chin up mate you will get there.

I've only just read this , hope your wife makes a full recovery. I deal with heart attacks among other illnesses as a volunteer Community First Responder. We try to get to patients before ambulances as we are only sent out to our local area where we live. It does make a difference. For any one interested look it up on the web. I have not included a link here as its not the place.

All the best mate for the both of you.

Once again thank you all so much for your kind words. Marlene is making a good but slow recovery. We were at the doctors yesterday for a routine check up and the doctor was quite happy. Today we have the Cardiac Nurse coming to visit and our neighbours and friends have all been so helpful and a real tower of strength. We are getting so many visitors and well wishers it is hard to get much quiet time for ourselves, but that is fine by us!

Marlene is now starting to drive me potty, it's almost impossible to get her to stay still and rest. I am close to having to start thinking about tying her arms and legs together - No guys, not for what some of you might be thinking, she must not have too much excitement for a while! Much of my time is spent trying to keep the flat clean and tidy but it seems that whatever I do is not the way that Marlene would do it - Let me give you an example :- I was hoovering the front room the other day and she told me that I was hoovering the rug the wrong way, it should be hoovered with the grain and not against the grain!

I made a silly mistake the day before yesterday - Marlene was comfortable and relaxed so she suggested that i should go for an hours walk in the evening with one of my guns just to get a bit of fresh air and a quiet bit of "Me time"! Big mistalek that was! I had done the laundry that morning and was planning on doing the ironing the following day. I got back after an hour and a quarter to find that Marlene had tried to do the ironing herself while sitting down and was complaining that her arm was starting to ache. Some ladies just will not be told so I am just going to have to keep en even tighter reign on her!

Anyway, on the whole we are both happy to be here amongst so many friends and well wishers.

Thank you all so much!

p.s. She is just out of bed and I've just found out that you are surposed to move all of the ornaments off the window sill before you dust the the darned window sill! Why for heavens sake, you are only making extra work for yourself by moving all of the ornaments as there's no way that any dust can get under them if they're always in the same place?

Edited by Frenchieboy

I'm with you on the housework thing mate, tried on several occasions, all different things. Found out the washer machine thing doesn't do dishes ;-( nor can you grill frozen mince meat. I,m now banned from the kitchen, only allowed in to get a beer, no argument there ! Keep up the good work your doing with Marlean, it's obviously paying off if the nurses are happy with things.

How's the kinky yellow rubber gloves ? I take no responsibility for chaffed trigger fingers ! ;-)

All the best to both of you

I'm with you on the housework thing mate, tried on several occasions, all different things. Found out the washer machine thing doesn't do dishes ;-( nor can you grill frozen mince meat. I,m now banned from the kitchen, only allowed in to get a beer, no argument there ! Keep up the good work your doing with Marlean, it's obviously paying off if the nurses are happy with things.

How's the kinky yellow rubber gloves ? I take no responsibility for chaffed trigger fingers ! ;-)

All the best to both of you

Almost worn out already mate! It was good to see you the other day, let us know how things go!

You know that our door is always open to you and the kettle is always ready for a brew so pop in whenever you want Kev.

Take care and regards to you and yours.

Pete

I haven't been on the forum as much as usual over the last few weeks - just picked up on this at ten pages long. I skipped to the end wanting to know the most recent update and found your last post saying that she's on the mend. I'm so glad to hear that - what a relief!

Best wishes for the both of you. I hope that in time she will make a full recovery so she doesn't have to put up with your shoddy workmanship around the house forever! :lol::good: