The things we did in a bid to look cool

Doc Holliday

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

High leg highly polished (ox blood) doc martens;topped with bright red bags;tank top and Levi jacket covered with 'splash' badges!My hair was so long gym teacher made me pony tail it for rugby. High waistband bags (the ones with pockets on the sides,halfway down the leg)with brothel creepers.

I once went out in a pair of still wet from the laundry(Mother told me off) Levi jeans as they were the most expensive trousers I owned and I wanted to impress a certain lass;don't think she even noticed!

Still have a pair of Levi 'stay-press' two-tone parallels somewhere up at my parents house.

Also pierced my own ear with a sewing needle in the kitchen while my parents were out one night.

I cringe when I look back at all these photo's of my teen years....what a knob!

Cuban heel boots or sandals, 28inch waist/30inch flared jeans, the scruffier the better. Long hair, cheesecloth shirt (darn thing itched, but hey it was fashion for 70s hippies), afghan coat if you could stand the stink. Handmade leather belt pouch for your 'roll-ups' :whistling: , and patchouli oil, girls loved it. Now I look like an ageing sumo wrestler with a crew-cut! - what happened, -40 years is what happened! :lol::lol::lol:

What a nightmare of a question lol...well i think i tryed everything...including the shades at night. I was a Mod at the age 17 and o thought i was the dogs with my American Parker and Lambberetta J 125 Star stream in white with my crome mirrors lol...the thing is i still do belive i looked cool...and in my eyes i was hahaha....how bad does that sound.

Loved going to school at 16 on my 50cc Vespa complete with long aerial, fox tail. and more mirrors than Paris Hiltons bedroom. If someone came up behind me at night with full beam on I instantly went blind.

Complete and utter ****. Then when I left school I eased my way into the Don Johnson look and walked around everywhere with my linen jacket sleeves rolled up. Thanks god nobody had iPhones and Facebook back in those days.

Edited by Freakmode

In the 80's I had a pair of socks where one sock was green and one sock was red (ok well actually two pairs :lol: )and I thought at the time that wearing these two odd socks with rolled up 501'sand dm's was the height of cool.

The odd thing was I followed that when I was a 6th former with a trend for wearing a tweed sportsjacket with cords and brogues, which 20 years later is what I think a well dressed man should be wearing.

Edited by Canis

Bright red dock martins, my mum wouldn't let me have em, so my gran bought me a pair( good old gran , thanks gran) my mates all had the 7 holers but I had to have the 14 holers. My mam went mad at my gran coz she didn't want me becoming a skin head ha ha ha,

Atb

Flynny