Crow decoying video-let me know what you think?

Went out for a couple of hours on the crows. I hadn't intended to go out but had a quick drive around the farm and saw a lot on the silage so went home to get the gear. Set up by 4 and finished around 7. Missed a few opportunities when someone was going round the fields on a horse but managed to drive home and get the brother out whilst she was doing so,(typically it went a bit quiet once he arrived). Picked 21 birds of which the bulk were crows which is a bonus.

Let me know what you think of the video :good:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOKoZueJ4xg

ps its a lot clearer in HD

Cheers guys, glad the video was okay.

Mixed feelings on sending the dog out for them but shot thousands and all 3 dogs I've had have been fine. Worst I've seen was the cocker getting her lip nipped as she ran back. Anyone actually heard of a dog loosing an eye fetching a crow?

Gun was a maxus. The SX3 is very similar though.

Camera was a gopro 2. There's a 3rd one out but I'm going to persist with this one for a while.

Cheers again for the comments :good:

ps the dog is fine if she marks them but I definitely need to work on giving her directions! She's very timid too since day 1 but not gun shy which is a blessing.

Edited by wildfowler.250

ye good that pal,i try to send my dog for dead crows only, if there alive they get another barrel on the floor,i to had a crow hanging on a lip once, it did,nt seem to bother the dog to be honest,but i would be devastated if he lost an eye, suppose its up to you its your dog, cheers simon.....

My black lab once ran -in after i'd shot a carrion crow, that flew by my pigeon decoy's, it latched on to his lip, after about a minute he returned with just the crows body after ripping off every limb,wing, & head.

he leaves them alone now!!

That is quite a well made video mate! Some good shooting and a keen dog to go with it. Well done!

What camera and was it head mounted?

Thanks :good: its a gopro and I just put it around my head,(there's a headband that comes with it). Looks ridiculous though so don't think I'd be taking it out on a pheasant shoot :lol:

ye good that pal,i try to send my dog for dead crows only, if there alive they get another barrel on the floor,i to had a crow hanging on a lip once, it did,nt seem to bother the dog to be honest,but i would be devastated if he lost an eye, suppose its up to you its your dog, cheers simon.....

Cheers Simon. Tbh I did try for a while not sending the dog in for crows. It's probably better not too. The crow that was a 'runner' in the vid was dead by the time it got back to me.

My black lab once ran -in after i'd shot a carrion crow, that flew by my pigeon decoy's, it latched on to his lip, after about a minute he returned with just the crows body after ripping off every limb,wing, & head.

he leaves them alone now!!

:lol: they are nasty birds. When I did go through a stage of not sending the dog for crows ect I thought it was just myself being overly cautious. Ill definitely think about it after the comments.

Thanks again!