Golf?

Laird Lugton

I enjoy 9 holes but after that i loose interest and seem more interested in looking for golf balls in the woods. Never played proper golf but i do like tormenting the proper golfers on the course i drive past on my commute. Well timed car horn can produce some wonderfully colour responses from the golfists! It gives me an enormous sense of well being.

I did play golf in my 30,s very often and even got my handicap down as low as 6, I play off 9 now,

its a great game, its ok to say just hit a ball round a coarse but there is more to it than that, it really is a complicated game that can be split into 3 parts,

1.... long game

2....short game

3....putting

now most golfers will never get all three of these right when playing golf because normally one of the above is normally not as good as it could be,,ie, your long and short game might be good but your putting is bad,or your putting and short game are good but your driving off the tee is useless, its this that makes the game so interesting,

if you don't play golf then just try it and go round a proper 18 hole coarse and if you go round it in under 100 shots then I,ll eat my hat,

it can be very addictive when you take it up but I have to say its a fantastic game and there is a lot more to it than most people think

I used to play now and then with a mate and quite enjoyed it; a good chill out. It has much in common with shooting; for example, footwork, swing, follow through, hand and eye co- ordination, silly clothes and footwear, and can be quite cliquey!

We sometimes combine the two and shoot thrown golf balls which have even washed down the stream to our rough shoot from the local course up on the moors.

Whilst in Belize, British Sugar were kind enough to allow us to use their course. I would play the 9 holes outwards in a loop, light the BBQ and jump in the pool. As my mates returned from playing the same 9 holes in reverse, I would emerge from the pool and start serving steaks!

Best way to play golf!!!!!

Edited by TIGHTCHOKE

I enjoy 9 holes but after that i loose interest and seem more interested in looking for golf balls in the woods. Never played proper golf but i do like tormenting the proper golfers on the course i drive past on my commute. Well timed car horn can produce some wonderfully colour responses from the golfists! It gives me an enormous sense of well being.

:lol::lol: Like it

Its got to be the most infuriating sports there is. I have played it for years and still do. The annoying thing is you can never think, "I've cracked it!" As soon as you do, you slice or hook the ball into the longest grass on the course.

It's still a great game and if you play with a group then the banter is similar to that passed around on the clay ground or in the hide with your mates.

My son and I visit golf courses but I wouldn't call it golf ! Its not too dissimilar to rambling or strimming grass I guess. I do enjoy the social side, we tee off together and putt together occasionally but I do meet several strangers coming in the opposite direction whilst thrashing that small white ball in every direction apart from the right one. Once in a while we hit a good shot, but its always follower by five awful ones! We do have a good bit of competition and a great laugh at each others expense though. Most frustrating game/sport ever invented.

Used to golf, not very good played for years never got any better av 90+ ,

Didn't take it too serious,

Thinking about this thread I'm just wondering who is stupid (us or the golfers) at least when they hit a ball they can do it again if and when they find it.

When we shoot a pair of clays we have to stick another quid into the barrels :(

Getting back into golf and now loving it more than shooting!! :sad1:

Stopped playing when I was 15 and never hit another ball until I was 40. Started playing again late last year but its a lot harder as an adult. Don't think i will be playing scratch again in the short term.