Stepson has been stitched up

jasper3

We where so proud when the lad came home and walked straight into a job....he has been away training as a chef du parti ....

he was told he had to work the 1st month in hand... the lad put some hours in , 10am to midnight 6 days a week...

yesterday, the chef who had the franchise did a runner, not paying any of the staff and then disolved his company.... what a *******

no chance of getting any money , as he owes thousands and hasn't got a penny to scratch his ****.....

the owners of the building have asked the lad if he would continue under their management , and will try to give him some sort of compensation, even though, its nothing to do with them

there are some evil thieving ******* about

We where so proud when the lad came home and walked straight into a job....he has been away training as a chef du parti ....

he was told he had to work the 1st month in hand... the lad put some hours in , 10am to midnight 6 days a week...

yesterday, the chef who had the franchise did a runner, not paying any of the staff and then disolved his company.... what a *******

no chance of getting any money , as he owes thousands and hasn't got a penny to scratch his ****.....

the owners of the building have asked the lad if he would continue under their management , and will try to give him some sort of compensation, even though, its nothing to do with them

there are some evil thieving ******* about

Hi, Jasp. *******. The guy who owns the building is solid. He is a businessman so I can't say that he wouldn't sell it now it's up and running after all the problems that he's encountered if he thought that he'd make a good profit. There was a visit to the one he runs/owns on the north (our) coast during the planning stage and it is highly thought of. If the pay is acceptable and he's so minded, I would reckon if your son showed a bit of loyalty, even under the circumstances that he's been placed in, it may well do him no harm at all.

On the other hand, there's someone who could offer him a job as a sausage maker in Wales! :whistling:

It happened to a pub near me a few years ago,

The bloke did time for fraud and deception after borrowing a customers car (he befriended her, very cunningly) Oh! and emptying the safe.not long after finishing his holiday inside he did another place, and did very similar to previous. The wally that took him on was made aware of his history, but believed everyone deserves another chance in life, LOL

Some folk just dont deserve to be mixing within normal honest society's

Sorry to hear this sadly he is not the first & won't be the last but lets hope it all works out some how but I think he will be a little wiser for this experience , lets face it most of us have been done when we that young & I certainly was , not that it makes the memory any less painful .

Next time your lad will be very careful about any job offers , wish him the best of luck & tell there is a dirty scum bag round every second or third corner in life so watch out .

That's a tough one. How people can do that sort of thing to their staff I'll never know. I hope things work out ok for your lad in the long run, and it's nice to hear that he's at least been offered something by the owner of the place.

I think I'd be hoping that I could track him down in his next successful venture and ask him to pay his debts at a later date.

What franchise (sounds like a very dodgy frachise operation if there aren't controls in place to prevent this sort of thing) there are lots of dodgy franchises about YOur lad could have seriously landed on his feet if stuck in the pocket if the building owner is prepared to invest some money into the business. Best of luck to him and hope everything gets sorted out.

What franchise (sounds like a very dodgy frachise operation if there aren't controls in place to prevent this sort of thing) there are lots of dodgy franchises about YOur lad could have seriously landed on his feet if stuck in the pocket if the building owner is prepared to invest some money into the business. Best of luck to him and hope everything gets sorted out.

Sounds very dodgy to me too.

The catering trade in general doesn't reward it's run of the mill staff well! Which is beyond me.

Are you sure he wasn't a disgruntled manager who got fed up with a poor business owner and subsequently did a runner? Was there actually a franchise? I've seen similar a number of times.

If I was your boy, yes I would stay on but I would want something in advance cash wise and I would not work month in hand!

sorry to hear that,its hard enough to get a foot in the door,trust someone and then get shafted...plus side it will now make him more wary and it wont happen again,stay where he is and it will work out.....

i got shafted for 100k by my cousin.....buisness adventure that went south...cost him his marraige and his son overdosed and died..karma is a bitch..what goes round..comes round

mikky

Hi Guys... thanks for the kind words...

Well my lad wanted to go up to his house... as did all the other members of staff..some actually did, but where met with no reply....

there wasn't a franchise as such..... the chef and his wife started a company (ltd) and the owner of the building, let them run the food , drinks and bowling...(He did actually have very good references).. the actual owner of the building , as wymberley said, is sound....

he is trying to sort everything out..he has managed to get the old head chef back (who has worked with the Roux Brothers , and Marco pierre white) and my lad gets on with him fantastically .....

the staff have gone to CAB to see if they can get anything, ........ sadly the chef ! holds the licence to sell alcohol..so thats going to cause a problem , as is getting new suppliers , as he didn't pay them .

My lad did get to speak to him on the phone yesterday...no apologies from the chef..just a stern reply of .. "you will receive a letter from my solicitor" then hung up

the chef did manage to empty the safe before leaving..............

I can't name him.... on here as that would be wrong... but maybe you could work it out from here...this was from a previous job he had...

\

http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1G1-270500757.html

Edited by jasper3