• 10 -20k
    • 20-30k
    • 30-40k
    • 40-50k
    • 50-60k
    • 60-70k
    • Above 70k

All,

Since prices are rising and wages/salaries are falling, and with the benefit cap, I wonder how much it costs to keep ourselves in the manner to which we have become accustomed - hence the poll above so it can be anonymous.

Cheers

My clothes and car are over 70K alone. All my kids live with all their dads, I'm too busy getting my hair done and my Towie tan done and my teeth whitened. I am also disabled and I have 3 horses I ride daily. My house wont clean itself so I have a cleaner and she is a total rip off!

My nails are the bane of my life, twice a week and then eating out of course, well lets not even go there what with the champagne! oh and my pigeon watch badge :)

Its an interesting poll this despite the not so serious replies, might be worth going for the basic cost of living so mortgage and bills rather than luxuries. Our living costs are somewhere round £1200 a month but stick running two cars on top and it goes up by about another £600 or so what can you say though the mortgage has never been cheaper, bills don't seem too bad but we have renovated this house so its well insulated new boiler and a fair few energy saving bits about. Food does seem to go up but we don't buy much processed food which is where the money flies away, council tax etc is always going to seem like a fair wack but we do have to do our bit to reduce what those northerners pay ;)

I work mine out an JUST under £9000 for basics.

Rent

council tax

water

gas

electric

food.

Now if I was to add Car insurance, breakdown cover, fuel that would take it to around 9700

Then clothing for my Son. He is terrible with shoes due to his disabilities! Then I can add another £600 to that between his growing out of clothes etc.

My bill is a more conservative one as I am happy to shop in Charity shops. I think I can manage on around the 11k bracket quite alright! Food being the main issue though as the prices are going up on a daily basis :no: we spend around £50 per week for the two of us! No takeaway! Just shop bought stuff.

I put down my personal spending only. The spending as a household is in the top bracket but as i dont fork out for everyone and their expenses. i didn't think it was applicable

No-one's mentioned guns and cartridges yet, or do they not class as essential? :whistling:

I thought they were essentials like the items on a weekley shopping list! Bread, chicken, milk, dog food, slab of carts...

House paid for by the social, claiming for two kids I don't have, maxed out on Income Support and disability on my bad back which prevents me from working, gas meter bypassed, food from the foodbank and earning £150 a day cash in hand as a minicab driver. What is all this cost of living rubbish? Its free innit?

Edited by Vince Green