Wildfowling Season 2013-2014

Wildfowler325

I know that it is a semi auto. It's as if you're having a moan about the guns themselves, as if they're somehow inferior, just because you use 8/4 bores.

No not at all motty its just the way some are using them in full view of the general public & the RSPB watchers & they do us no favors what so ever , I dread the day some one gets this on film & I have to sit & watch this on the BBC news & its only a matter of time & the antis will love it !.

And then what ? ATB Pole Star

• Replies 594
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No not at all motty its just the way some are using them in full view of the general public & the RSPB watchers & they do us no favors what so ever , I dread the day some one gets this on film & I have to sit & watch this on the BBC news & its only a matter of time & the antis will love it !.

And then what ? ATB Pole Star

I agree it would be a shame for the general public to see geese being slaughtered. I do hate cowboys!

Just to add , for those of you who have never been to the North of Scotland & Orkney note it is pretty much devoid of trees & the naked eye can see for miles & cameras & long lenses can see much much further , Pole Star

ps I want shooting to continue

I agree it would be a shame for the general public to see geese being slaughtered. I do hate cowboys!

Many thanks for your post motty now I know you understand me :good: . ATB Pole Star

Just to add , for those of you who have never been to the North of Scotland & Orkney note it is pretty much devoid of trees & the naked eye can see for miles & cameras & long lenses can see much much further , Pole Star

ps I want shooting to continue

Many thanks for your post motty now I know you understand me :good: . ATB Pole Star

I think we can all understand what you mean Pole Star, just your way of putting it sometimes isnt quite the best :lol:

I don't think that semi-autos are such a bad shotgun, but as to be legal (i.e. 3 cartridges only ) and used the correct way, my opinion is...you shoot twice and if in the unfortunate scenario that you have winged one, that's when the 3rd one its very useful.

Mark

Now thats good thinking Mark :good:

I don't think that semi-autos are such a bad shotgun, but as to be legal (i.e. 3 cartridges only ) and used the correct way, my opinion is...you shoot twice and if in the unfortunate scenario that you have winged one, that's when the 3rd one its very useful.

Mark

so IF and i mean IF 4-5-6-7 and 8 shots was still legal to use for Wildfowling you clip,wing a third you have a fourth shot !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND my Fowling mate use's a Semi Auto but even he admit's that third shot can be a cartidge waster. As i keep telling him " if you cant down em in two they should be allowed to live for another day " :):good:

so IF and i mean IF 4-5-6-7 and 8 shots was still legal to use for Wildfowling you clip,wing a third you have a fourth shot !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND my Fowling mate use's a Semi Auto but even he admit's that third shot can be a cartidge waster. As i keep telling him " if you cant down em in two they should be allowed to live for another day " :):good:

+ 1 especially with the last paragraph.

I always try to single out one bird on the edge or at the back & if you are on him & its dead then swing onto a second but I have on occasion winged a goose & used the second round as a final stopper , that works for me so I don't want a auto I did have one once but did not really like it & it was a 5 shot .

I have notice autos encourage sloppy shooting in some & thats the idiots who I have been moaning about , they think " if I miss with the 1st I have 2more ! " it use to be 3 more before the 1981 wild life & country side act outlawed the use of 5 shoters on wildfowl .

I dont want to kill them all , they are not rats .

ATB Pole Star

Or that's alright then, I'm a lot happier to take one in part ex for my 8 bore now I know you don't have to have three shots at everything that goes by was worrying that it would be a bit deer to run it :lol: .

You hang on to that 8bore snowmonster & bring it up here for a shot next November when the big Bore Meet happens & you will love it , I will load up some blacks for you " but you can clean it ! :lol: " ps you might even get a good price for it if some likes it :good: .

IF???, there is no "if" where I am , there is legal or not legal, so let's stick to legal and not your imagination and the third cartdrige on a semi it's not wasted on a winged bird/ wounded, but that's a matter of opinions with shooters and not wildfowlers.

I will use the 3 shots if i feel it is appropiate, but often i only use 1 or 2. It all depends on the situation. Last Saturday eve i shot a teal with the 1st shot missed another bird with the 2nd put put the shot on the same bird with the 3rd - is that being greedy to take 2 teal out of a group of 15+?? The week before a single shot brought down a hen Mallard from a group of 5 and i didn't use the 2nd or 3rd.

The gun only fires as many times as you pull the trigger.

Gentlemen,.

The subject of this topic is Wildfowling Season 2013 - 2014.

It appears to be generating into a general melee regarding semi-autos versus doubles and a dating agency for lonely fowlers.

Can we get back to this season's fowling?

I can't get out as much as I'd like to at the moment and I look forward to reading reports of daring deeds on the marsh and chances won and lost.

Twaddle about the rights and wrongs of pogo-sticks and arrangements to meet others on the marsh can be dealt with, and have been extensively, on other pages or by personal mail.

Rant over... :)

Gentlemen,.

The subject of this topic is Wildfowling Season 2013 - 2014.

It appears to be generating into a general melee regarding semi-autos versus doubles and a dating agency for lonely fowlers.

Can we get back to this season's fowling?

I can't get out as much as I'd like to at the moment and I look forward to reading reports of daring deeds on the marsh and chances won and lost.

Twaddle about the rights and wrongs of pogo-sticks and arrangements to meet others on the marsh can be dealt with, and have been extensively, on other pages or by personal mail.

Rant over... :)

Good morning Grandalf Wildfowling report for the morning Thursday 10 October 2013 from Orkney . Not a goose hardly to be seen & its not even worth going out because all the geese have f*>"^! off because they have had such a hiding from visiting meat collects & cowboys & rambo idiots who think its such fun to to blaze away & pull the trigger as fast as possible on their "" Semi auto gas operated 3 & a half inch magnum hevi shot proofed blah blah ! "" see why the Auzzies just call em pogo sticks for short ? , .

So thats the Orkney report for the part of Orkney that I live Grandalf & it will be a while before the geese come back , this makes it bad for any respectable guns visiting this week as I think they might be a little disappointed & driven all that way for nothing .

And that was the forecast for this week Grandalf :) . Have a nice day ps hope its better next week as I have respectable farmer from Dorset coming up for a shot .

pps would you like me to up load a pretty picture of an empty field ? STOP PRESS have seen a whole 2 yes 2 geese from my window :lol:

Edited by Pole Star

Good morning Grandalf Wildfowling report for the morning Thursday 10 October 2013 from Orkney . Not a goose hardly to be seen & its not even worth going out because all the geese have f*>"^! off because they have had such a hiding from visiting meat collects & cowboys & rambo idiots who think its such fun to to blaze away & pull the trigger as fast as possible on their "" Semi auto gas operated 3 & a half inch magnum hevi shot proofed blah blah ! "" see why the Auzzies just call em pogo sticks for short ? , .

So thats the Orkney report for the part of Orkney that I live Grandalf & it will be a while before the geese come back , this makes it bad for any respectable guns visiting this week as I think they might be a little disappointed & driven all that way for nothing .

And that was the forecast for this week Grandalf :) . Have a nice day ps hope its better next week as I have respectable farmer from Dorset coming up for a shot .

pps would you like me to up load a pretty picture of an empty field ? STOP PRESS have seen a whole 2 yes 2 geese from my window :lol:

Seen enough idiots with two shots and one big **** with an eight thought he could reach heaven, its the man or woman not the gun to blame for people with bad hunting ethics .The other practice of side by side fowlers having two shells in there fingers so they could load up and get another goose from the same skien this practice what you preach **** seen it for donkey years just auto get the blame from nostalgic fowlers who hark on about the old days when they shot the roosts and got as many as they could . Edited by muncher

so do i, i just took all my gear downstairs ready so as not to wake the house in the morning and im still caughing and spluttering non stop... oh well, might as well big dog sock with a gun in my hand as dog sick with the telly remote in my hand