Had to fess up to the farmer tonight......

malkiserow

got the grand vit stuck one nite......rang a good mate who came and got me out....

Rang the farmer the next morning to say might be a few "marks" ..said "why did you not ring me" ...it was 11pm...so thought you would not like the call.....he replies "should have rung me so I could come and had a laugh and taken the........" :blush:

Got my Disco stuck last year, late one night. She wasn't going anywhere. Was out with my son too, who was 8 at the time. Farmer was away for the week with his family. Would have been a 2 mile walk with Son and rifle to get either my Series or a tractor. Called a few lads who were either out on the beer or in bed. Eventually spoke to a good mate who was out lamping on a nearby farm, he came to my rescue, top lad.

Told my mate the farmer and he wished he was at home and therefore able to rib me for months about it ha!!

Done it in my 4x4. The farmer was great, brought out the tractor and chain and hook that looked like it could lift the Titanic.

Pulled me out virtually sideways as if mine was a toy.

Frankly I felt an idiot but there was a great sense of relief when it was free. :yes::good:

I got some monster Case tractor with 4x4 and double wheels in each corner........ Pulled my old girl out in reverse so I could see what I was doing. It pulled my wagon out like it was made by Tonka!!!

Haha! It's amazing how much traction and power a modern tractor has. They can quite easily rip pieces off of a standard 4x4 if they get stuck hard enough and the strap/chain doesn't give first.

I don't remember ever getting stuck anywhere I didn't expect to. Apart from the odd time when a farmer has said "you've got no chance of getting that through the gateway at the end of the field but by all means try it if you think know better". Sometimes I win, sometimes I lose!

Haha! It's amazing how much traction and power a modern tractor has. They can quite easily rip pieces off of a standard 4x4 if they get stuck hard enough and the strap/chain doesn't give first.

I don't remember ever getting stuck anywhere I didn't expect to. Apart from the odd time when a farmer has said "you've got no chance of getting that through the gateway at the end of the field but by all means try it if you think know better". Sometimes I win, sometimes I lose!

They certainly have poke. It was gear 9 and and just over tick over. Good job I could remember how to drive it!!!!!

Done it in my 4x4. The farmer was great, brought out the tractor and chain and hook that looked like it could lift the Titanic.

Pulled me out virtually sideways as if mine was a toy.

Frankly I felt an idiot but there was a great sense of relief when it was free. :yes::good:

They are quite special aren't they, not too long back I got mu Hilux with stock trailer stuck, went and got our big JCB 4x4 telehandler, low and behold got that bloody thing stuck too. Our Fendt pulled all three out, in a train like fashion, hardly any PTO.

I got my car stuck once, parked at the end of a long grass track about a mile from the road, when me and dad came back the wheels were sunk so i told him to drive while i wound the passenger window down and pushed,

Dad managed after some struggle to get it out and i got sprayed head to toe and it all came in the open window covering the passenger seat, dads first thought was to take a picture of me covered with his mobile as he couldn't stop laughing.

Edited by smokinggun

our keeper had an IFOR on the back of his mitsi truck, as he set off it didnt move, he scratted about for half an hour diging himself deeper,

finally rang one of the lads to pull him out with a tractor,

other lad came, had a look at the situation, took the handbrake off the trailer and drove the mitsi out,

he still gets reminded about it,