Stolen plants

Mungler

Ok, so I like to make sure my offices look half presentable and part of that process involves putting plants and planters out the front, and a couple of weeks ago I had the summer stuff swapped out for winter planters.

Yep, you guessed it, some ****** stole the lot over the weekend.

Now, that in itself doesn't bother me because the game is now on and I'll just get some replacement planters but get them anchored to the floor / wired to the mains etc but, what has really ****** me off is the first time I need to look at our very expensive CCTV system and it's flashing up HDD error - yep the hard drive has failed in it. That's what's ****** me off the most. I mean really ****** off.

The end.

An

Ok, so I like to make sure my offices look half presentable and part of that process involves putting plants and planters out the front, and a couple of weeks ago I had the summer stuff swapped out for winter planters.

Yep, you guessed it, some ****** stole the lot over the weekend.

Now, that in itself doesn't bother me because the game is now on and I'll just get some replacement planters but get them anchored to the floor / wired to the mains etc but, what has really ****** me off is the first time I need to look at our very expensive CCTV system and it's flashing up HDD error - yep the hard drive has failed in it. That's what's ****** me off the most. I mean really ****** off.

The end.

Andy...

A few tracks to cheer you up...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86oV9ECZ5KA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyc3RaI2AV4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=isMrQuvS0Fc She was hot....

TEH

What CCTV system? Sorry to hear about the issue, Well worth getting redundant drives and changing them regularly before they fail as you only need the footage when something has happened and not the rest of the time. Ask your supplier to put it in as part of maintenance agreement if you use the same company for alarm/fire it should just be the cost of the drives spread over the year.

What CCTV system? Sorry to hear about the issue, Well worth getting redundant drives and changing them regularly before they fail as you only need the footage when something has happened and not the rest of the time. Ask your supplier to put it in as part of maintenance agreement if you use the same company for alarm/fire it should just be the cost of the drives spread over the year.

It's being hooked upto the server as we speak.

I've got a plan and the game is now "on" alrighty.

I'm going to get something like these, ebay item 281142431413 and then I'm bolting them to the car park using a length of threaded bolt that can come up through the drainage hole. Then I'm getting my welder client to construct something like a hasp and shackle to go over the top or a long "T" bar to go through the top and retain the plant pot in the planter. Job jobbed.

Edited by Mungler

Whatever you do, don't let the police take your hard drive. You'll never see the damn thing again!!! We were given that advice, so bought a small external HD, got the copper to sign that he had taken it, of course we lost the bit of paper with his signature. Never saw it again.

It's being hooked upto the server as we speak.

I've got a plan and the game is now "on" alrighty.

I'm going to get something like these, ebay item 281142431413 and then I'm bolting them to the car park using a length of threaded bolt that can come up through the drainage hole. Then I'm getting my welder client to construct something like a hasp and shackle to go over the top or a long "T" bar to go through the top and retain the plant pot in the planter. Job jobbed.

Have you considered what Chuck Norris would do in this situation?

sorry couldn't resist .

Who the hell wants to nick flowers ? I dont even quite see what persons with a rich history of portable dwellings could want with them

There was a fella in lived Baker Street was good at this finding criminals stuff.

At least your plants and planters will be brightening someone's day.

Horticultural theft is quite common.

Wonder if a certain persons mum finished the hoovering and dragged him out the shed for a cross border raid to exact some revenge :lol:

Figgy

Edited by figgy