ok then best lead guitarist (living)

rabbiter

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Satriani taught Steve vi and is possibly the best technical guitarist out there but for me it's not all about that

Angus is not really technical but is the king of the riff he thinks of the worlds most memorable riffs

David Coverdale once said about Steve vi his guitar solos are brilliant but you can't hum them, that says it all for me they have to be melodic someone like Gary Moore or Bernie marsdon

I give in I just can't pick one who stands out from the rest. I've looked through my music collection and narrowed it down to ritchie blackmore, angus young, Eddie van halen, Eric clapton, Pete townsend, jimmy paige and Dave gilmour. All have provide great listening pleasure over the years and are impossible to put into any order of greatness over each other.

I've seen Satriani on stage a couple of times - he is great. I like Yngwie Malmsteen a bit more. His neo-classical shredder style rock appeals to me. The are a few other lesser known ina similar genre such as Tony McAlpine.

Edited by aris

Slash. A level above the old time rockers.

Can't go along with that ....... from a technical point of view,

slash is a modern great I like his playing but his actual skill isn't anything special

Spoke about this a million times after gigs the guitarist bods usually say the rock dinosaurs of the 70s 80s were the best

I give in I just can't pick one who stands out from the rest. I've looked through my music collection and narrowed it down to ritchie blackmore, angus young, Eddie van halen, Eric clapton, Pete townsend, jimmy paige and Dave gilmour. All have provide great listening pleasure over the years and are impossible to put into any order of greatness over each other.

Totally agree but you missed one...Alex Lifeson.