Bye Bye Sky!

junctiontwo

Well after months of "I must get round to doing it" - I finally got round to doing it. I cancelled Sky TV.

Just about had enough of paying for something that's essentially free, plus I dislike Murdoch et al rather a lot. I've got a Freesat box that will pay for itself in 5 months however the satisfaction of not giving ol' Rupey any more of my hard earned pennies is worth just as much.

When asked why I wanted to cancel the account I replied that 'I don't want to pay to watch TV anymore'. The Eton-educated, bright young thing at the other end then went silent and proceeded to offer me a discount of £8 per month. I had to bite my tongue really hard :no:. Anyway, 10 minutes later and after hearing Ms Bimbo reply to my EVERY sentence with 'That's absolutely fine', she confirmed it all stops on December 17.

Edited by junctiontwo

Got rid of mine when one of their staff refused to speak to my wife - because she is a woman. The lad had no problem speaking to one of my sons - he generously said he would speak to any male.

I complained - Sky TV asked if he was someone from abroad - continent named - I said my wife had a phone - not a periscope, but did comment on his accent. They knew immediately who he was and said he didn't like dealing with women.

I cancelled and have received begging letters, phone calls and one lad knocking on my door - begging me to return.

I wouldn't give them the time of day.

i cancelled back in January,,no phone calls tho as number was changed when i left them....but prity much every week since a letter through the post with a grovelling offer,,,the latest this week is any package half price for 12mths ! im use to free view now, so aint interested in sky no more !

I would miss Sky Sports too much to cancel it.

Can get any sports elsewhere for free.#

May be after the event but does knowing the score affect your enjoyment of the game in reality?

Doubt it otherwise people would never watch films twice.

I'm thinking of getting Sky because of the Ashes cricket. I had it when it first came to the UK and my missus and I used to stay up and watch the Test matches. Then it was about as tenner a month, it then went up to £26 so we canned it.

The prices today for the all singing and dancing packages are a joke. All OK if you are at home all day scratching your ****. I watch about three hours of TV a week because I get a bit busy working.

Edited by Whitebridges

I would miss Sky Sports too much to cancel it.

And thats what they bank on............... BT is an interesting alternative tho......

Can get any sports elsewhere for free.#

May be after the event but does knowing the score affect your enjoyment of the game in reality?

Doubt it otherwise people would never watch films twice.

Its cheaper than a ticket at all those sports events I watch and I subscribe to BT Sport as well, just as I did Setanta.

I do prefer to watch live football and I also watch live sport on my PC (when its not on TV).

I only have the main package plus Sky Sports, I don't bother with Sky Movies, or any other add ons.

I'm thinking of getting Sky because of the Ashes cricket. I had it when it first came to the UK and my missus and I used to stay up and watch the Test matches. Then it was about as tenner a month, it then went up to £26 so we canned it.

The prices today for the all singing and dancing packages are a joke. All OK if you are at home all day scratching your ****. I watch about three hours of TV a week because I get a bit busy working.

Check BT vision its cheaper than sky for just sports if you have BT broadband