A deceased friends clothes

team tractor

I think I would find it tough, but ultimately a mark of respect and a way to remember your friend in the field. The difficulty I would imagine would come when that clothing needs replaced, you would throw out old stuff of your own but may find that more difficult to do with your friend's? What would he want?

indeed, it'd be like another part of the grieving process again, but at least you'd know his clothes were used for the purpose he bought them for and not binned

I'm sorry for your loss. I lost my best pal two weeks ago- not only the bravest man but the best shot by far that I've ever known- so I've an idea of what you're going through. I think- as it seems you do- that accepting the clothes along with the offer to donate to cancer research is the best idea. He'd want you to wear them I'm sure. All the best.

sorry to hear about your loss, i think your mate would probably like you to have them ( i know wouldnt mind if i passed away and the mrs gave my shooting mates my kit) and as some said would be kinda like taking him shooting with you every time you wore em :)

It does you credit that you care enough to ask other peoples opinion rather than risk any kind of uncertainty or disrespect to his family or his memory. If ,as you wear it, it reminds you of him and the good times you spent together then I am at a loss to think of a greater way of honouring his friendship.

It does you credit that you care enough to ask other peoples opinion rather than risk any kind of uncertainty or disrespect to his family or his memory. If ,as you wear it, it reminds you of him and the good times you spent together then I am at a loss to think of a greater way of honouring his friendship.

Well put

You would be honouring his memory.

I was given a pair of decent snap caps the other week, from a very good friend. A former shooting partner of his had died - I also knew him - Roy Lomas - top bloke.

I have little or no time for snap caps, but they are now engraved with Roy's name and I will use them.

Edited by Gordon R

A serious question here. My friend lost the battle against cancer recently and his wife asked me if I'd like his shooting clothing . I'm unsure how I feel about wearing them :( and have told his wife I'll ask the guys at the club if they want what's left so it won't be wasted

It's Laksen clothing which is nice and to be honest I needed a new fleece but is it right ?

if i pegged it i would be dead chuffed knowing that my mates were wearing my shooting stuff and using them how they should be..................yep thats what i would really like.........and take the trouble to tell the deased wife what good use you are getting from it....it would bring a smile to her lips ..i bet you..........mate of mine charlie died of cancer and shared his guns out to mates and i printed off some photos of him from years ago when he was fit and well laughing with his mates and took them around to his missus ...she was overjoyed to see them as it was a part of his life she had never seen.....

A serious question here. My friend lost the battle against cancer recently and his wife asked me if I'd like his shooting clothing . I'm unsure how I feel about wearing them :( and have told his wife I'll ask the guys at the club if they want what's left so it won't be wasted

It's Laksen clothing which is nice and to be honest I needed a new fleece but is it right ?

I've not read the rest of the replies but I'd say wear the clothing with pride.

What are the options, give to charity, sell, throw away?

I'd bet he'd want you wearing and making use of them.

Sorry for your loss.

I called round today to tell her id kept a few things which made her smile plus she liked the club having some bits of which I gave tuition to a lad today using his knee pad so already it's helping others.

She also informed me she had him buried in his other shooting gear which I think is a nice touch and made me smile