First video with gopro. Woodcock shooting

woodcock1

I recently purchased an older model of gopro camera called a hero 960. I got my first chance to try it out at the weekend while after a woodcock. Im happy enough with it but think the quality could be better as the birds are difficult to see. Im using a 16gb sdhc memory card which is only class 4, maybe I should replace it with a 10? I dont know if this would help or not. Anyway it here for all to see.

Thanks Duffryn, hoped you would have a suggestion but unfortunately this is a very basic model and is fixed fov. I see how that is affecting the footage though. It was uploaded from windows movie maker. I tried using gopro's own software but it stopped responding a couple of times and I changed to movie maker which was all ready on my computer. I will hopefully upgrade to a better version next season. This gets me started for now.

nice shooting,

I am having problems uploading some driven Boar footage taken last weekend, i've got my nephew helping soon but not for a couple of weeks, what did you use to download it please ?

upload it to you tube, then simply click on the share button, and copy and paste the code that pops up in blue, into your posts on here

• 1 month later...

Just seen.

Not much wrong with the video or with your shooting and the springers are ACE.

As always, we only seemed to get woodcock in here in County Down towards the very end of the season. You have good ground up there - do you see any snipe at all? It looks possible with the rushy bits.

All the best

Really enjoyed watching that video and its always good to see dogs working.

Brilliant

I use a Contour Roam 2 if you look at my pigeon and crow shooting videos you can see if its any better than what your using not sure it is.

the videos are on youtube (ThePestControllers)

i was thinking of getting a Drift Ghost because they have a 4x or 6x zoom feature but not made my mind up yet.

but nothing wrong with your video whatsoever i found it very relaxing to watch.

Daz

is that in and around,monkton thats just up the rd from me,nice shooting.

Im not sure where Monkton is but i assume we are in differing areas. This was filmed in Co Antrim N Ireland

Really enjoyed watching that video and its always good to see dogs working.

Brilliant

I use a Contour Roam 2 if you look at my pigeon and crow shooting videos you can see if its any better than what your using not sure it is.

the videos are on youtube (ThePestControllers)

i was thinking of getting a Drift Ghost because they have a 4x or 6x zoom feature but not made my mind up yet.

but nothing wrong with your video whatsoever i found it very relaxing to watch.

Daz

I have since upgraded to a gopro hero 3 which is much better suited to the job. However due to the huge increase in quality and video size my computer is no longer able to cope and refuses to work with the hd footage. Now I need a new PC to go with my camera upgrade.

Just seen.

Not much wrong with the video or with your shooting and the springers are ACE.

As always, we only seemed to get woodcock in here in County Down towards the very end of the season. You have good ground up there - do you see any snipe at all? It looks possible with the rushy bits.

All the best

There wouldn't be many snipe in that area, I would flush maybe a dozen in a visit. It quite high ground in terms of altitude. However I live down in the lower Bann Valley and there are plenty of snipe down here. I used to shoot them a lot, but to really set the bar high I always used a side by side in .410 guage. I shot a few right and lefts with it over the years which is always satisfying. I don't shoot snipe anymore as I no longer eat them. Great sport though.