Which wellies?

grousemoor

Aigles for me.

It was a simple choice between Aigles or Chameau's.

The French word for Eagle is Aigle.

Eagle...a majestic, fearsome bird of prey. An apex predator, with pin sharp eyesight and rapier like talons. An ability to soar amongst the clouds before swooping on its unsuspecting prey far below. In every way one of natures ultimate hunters.

Chameau is the French word for.....Camel. <_<

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've had a pair of Hunter Balmoral Neoprenes for four years now. Used fairly heavily. My maintenance regime for them is pretty much non-existent... Excellent soles, nice and warm (perhaps just a touch too warm at times over the summer), and are comfortable enough that I often reach for them on occasions I'd normally expect to be grabbing my walking books (which are an excellent pair of Zamberlans). I would definitely recommend them and will replace them like-for-like when needed (despite the occasional comments I have to take regarding them not being Le Chemeau...)

Just to chuck a spanner in, I had some of these neoprene ones 3 years ago and they are still going strong.

Extremely comfortable and one of the few boots to keep my tootsies warm all day.

About £70 from a tack shop.

http://www.gumleaf.com/categories/mens-country-clothing/wellington-boots/

Edited by Elmer Fudd.

I wear wellies every day for 8-12+ hours for work and it's usually Dunlop Suratread? or Nora's (on Nora's the now) bought from the locl agri shop. I buy a size bigger and wear those boot liner sockett things.

Don't see the point in expensive wellies bought a pair once and they didn't last very long. Got a pair off Musto's with the zip in the cupboard far prefer my cheapy wellies

Most of the expensive ones are fairly soft material that offers kittle support and rips fairly easily, also if ur walking any great distances i find neoprene wellies tend to be heavy and very sweaty

I just would not pay the stupid money they ask for a pair off welllies, but to be fair if i was doing a lot off walking esp on rough ground (guessing by ur name and location) i would be buying a decent pair off leather boots instead or a cheaper pair with Yeti gaiters on

I wear wellies every day for 8-12+ hours for work and it's usually Dunlop Suratread? or Nora's (on Nora's the now) bought from the locl agri shop. I buy a size bigger and wear those boot liner sockett things.

Don't see the point in expensive wellies bought a pair once and they didn't last very long. Got a pair off Musto's with the zip in the cupboard far prefer my cheapy wellies

Most of the expensive ones are fairly soft material that offers kittle support and rips fairly easily, also if ur walking any great distances i find neoprene wellies tend to be heavy and very sweaty

I just would not pay the stupid money they ask for a pair off welllies, but to be fair if i was doing a lot off walking esp on rough ground (guessing by ur name and location) i would be buying a decent pair off leather boots instead or a cheaper pair with Yeti gaiters on

I agreed I dont like spending a huge amount on wellies.

What are Seeland wellies like, they seem to be a reasonable cost. I am not really wanting to spend more the £40

+ 1 for cheapy Dunlops. Mostly used for walking across country in the dark with the dog so don't want anything that tears easily. Also thin uppers give greater flexibility for slipping around on ice. Mine usually last about a year wearing the soles right down before the right one splits due to my odd length Fen Feet. :)

Now, for standing around more rather than movement, I can see the attraction of more expensive lined wellies.

Tom

AIGLE AIGLE! Other than my old £109 le chameaus, these are without a doubt the best ive had. In their third season, and worn most other days..no leaks or cracks and really warm and comfortable! Wrecked hunter Balmoral in less than a season, and seelands lasted one and a half years

+1 for Aigle!! I really like mine.

Aigle Parcours Iso, got the Mrs a pair for Christmas after i have had mine for a few years and been very happy with them, warm and comfy. "amazon" were the cheapest i'de seen on www

Well today I went Welly shopping went to TFM, countrywide and cambers muchwenlock tried on 15 ish pairs various sizes and styles from dunlops at £30-50 to le chemau at £300, walked around the shops tried with normal socks, welly socks and jeans, my top end budget was £100 who spends that sort of money on a welly!!!

Well tried some argyll ( similar to hunter) and they felt like a Welly Dunlop safety were better, Muck boots welly with neoprene upper didnt fit may calfs I tried some hunters balmoral at £115 were ok felt more like a boot! Chameau Vierzonord ( the ones i thought i wanted) were disappointing sagged round my ankles werent comfy to walk in heel was lifteing which means it would manage to remove my sock every hlaf a mile... so I tried some Aigle s and really liked the Aigle (how do you pronounce it????) parcours 2 vario, they fitted well, no sagging on my ankles, look smart enough for a posh day but still rugged, the vario were smack on my max budget fitted well was about to buy them when I tried the Aigle parcours 2 iso ( neoprene lined).

OMG..... They are like slippers so comfy and warm but not hot, I was sold but not at £170 in countrywide! Fitted perfect, no sagging, comfy with any combination of socks I tried not too heavy, didn't flap round my calfs or ankles, my heel did lift when walking, snug on my toes but not tight (wide feet). Tried the hunters again and the chameau, no contest Aigle ISO!!!

Got them at cambers for £139, that's £3 more than amazon but rather give the business to a real firm that pays tax had a good stock and my size so why not..... tidy little store selling carts, guns, ammo clays and general agri stuff well worth a look if your in the cressage/much wenlock area

http://www.cambers.com/

Hope they last, most expensive pair of footwear I thick I have ever bought!!!

Edited by HDAV

Well today I went Welly shopping went to TFM, countrywide and cambers muchwenlock tried on 15 ish pairs various sizes and styles from dunlops at £30-50 to le chemau at £300, walked around the shops tried with normal socks, welly socks and jeans, my top end budget was £100 who spends that sort of money on a welly!!!

Well tried some argyll ( similar to hunter) and they felt like a Welly Dunlop safety were better, Muck boots welly with neoprene upper didnt fit may calfs I tried some hunters balmoral at £115 were ok felt more like a boot! Chameau Vierzonord ( the ones i thought i wanted) were disappointing sagged round my ankles werent comfy to walk in heel was lifteing which means it would manage to remove my sock every hlaf a mile... so I tried some Aigle s and really liked the Aigle (how do you pronounce it????) parcours 2 vario, they fitted well, no sagging on my ankles, look smart enough for a posh day but still rugged, the vario were smack on my max budget fitted well was about to buy them when I tried the Aigle parcours 2 iso ( neoprene lined).

OMG..... They are like slippers so comfy and warm but not hot, I was sold but not at £170 in countrywide! Fitted perfect, no sagging, comfy with any combination of socks I tried not too heavy, didn't flap round my calfs or ankles, my heel did lift when walking, snug on my toes but not tight (wide feet). Tried the hunters again and the chameau, no contest Aigle ISO!!!

Got them at cambers for £139, that's £3 more than amazon but rather give the business to a real firm that pays tax had a good stock and my size so why not..... tidy little store selling carts, guns, ammo clays and general agri stuff well worth a look if your in the cressage/much wenlock area

Gods choice!

I think you need to try a pair of Aigles to appreciate how comfortable they really are.

I wear mine around five times a week and they are excellent. C

Hi HDAV I'm also from Telford ! And use these farm shops mainly TFM for carts I've heard cambers has been taken over recently ? But not 100% sure and there prices on carts are meant to be really competitive !? I bought some le chameau yesterday from field and farm (SP holdings ) got them for £115 had a sale 30% off total bargain me thinks and the most comfortable boots I've ever had the pleasure to wear and own !

Atvb Dave 👍