well fancy that thatcher was a liar

kdubya

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats an interesting interpretation.

Regardless of what anyone said the fact was that many of the coal mines were not viable unless propped up by the tax payer.

They were not viable because the miners were demanding pay and benefits packages that could not be sustained.

Half my family were miners, I grew up next door to a large pit, the miners did very well out of it while the pits were open, ensuring their hands were so far in the money pot that there would be nothing left for future generations unless every man in the UK donated a large percentage of tax pounds to keep the money flowing into their very deep pockets.

I remember my uncle bragging about taking home four times what my dad did for half as many hours.

Plus a gold plated pension package.

Thankfully Mrs Thatcher took us from a union led state economy which was doomed to fail to a free market economy.

It was rough at the time but without her we'd have been sharing best practice with Poland.

Hillsbough springs to mind (my thoughts to all affected) it's the British government whoever is in power,,, pulling the strings,,,like it or loathe it we are just the puppets.

it won't ever change we are not patriots just numbers ,,whether you are born British or a Romanian seeking work in this country if your in the uk they control your livelihood in one way or another.....god save the queen......

Edited by delburt0

Thankfully Mrs Thatcher took us from a union led state economy which was doomed to fail to a free market economy.

It was rough at the time but without her we'd have been sharing best practice with Poland.

we did share it with Poland we bought their subsidised coal whilst we put our men on the dole or incapacity benefit, still they all lie just like the present big one that immigration is a benefit to us, still we can always wait another 30 years to find the truth!! except by then it will be to late.

KW

Thats an interesting interpretation.

Regardless of what anyone said the fact was that many of the coal mines were not viable unless propped up by the tax payer.

They were not viable because the miners were demanding pay and benefits packages that could not be sustained.

Half my family were miners, I grew up next door to a large pit, the miners did very well out of it while the pits were open, ensuring their hands were so far in the money pot that there would be nothing left for future generations unless every man in the UK donated a large percentage of tax pounds to keep the money flowing into their very deep pockets.

I remember my uncle bragging about taking home four times what my dad did for half as many hours.

Plus a gold plated pension package.

Yup, that's about the truth of it but it does of course depend on ones ability to see the truth from a load of old political pony.

we did share it with Poland we bought their subsidised coal whilst we put our men on the dole or incapacity benefit, still they all lie just like the present big one that immigration is a benefit to us, still we can always wait another 30 years to find the truth!! except by then it will be to late.

KW

as recent statistics have shown in 30 years we will actually be seen as a Muslim country as the scales will have tipped.. Edited by delburt0

Every miner new at the time it was all planned. Her legacy to this country is that we are now sat on coal fields that could produce all the countrys needs for the next 100 to 150 years, yet we are paying through the nose for gas and electricity because we import it from all over europe. DONT try and tell me all about green house gasses when China and India are building coal fired power stations as fast as they can.

KW

Thats the real crime, that we could import products cheaper than we can make it at home.

Like the NHS now, because of the cost of employing public sector workers with their gold plated packages we get private companies who can take over and do the job better and make a big profit for their shareholders. Thats profit that should be going back into the pot for the hospital, not going into profit.

The only people suffering are the poor people in hospital beds ill.

I was on another forum recently where a policeman was retiring and going on a 2yr round the world cruise on his pension.

Thats a pension massively subsidised by the tax payer.

And don't get me started on NHS golden handshakes, people made redundant with 2yrs wages, plus lump sum AND full pension because of their protected pension that kicks in early if they get made redundant.

Don't look at the government, look at the greedy people milking the tit dry.

Edited by Alfred

If you want a first class liar you don't have to look back to Mrs. T. Dear old tony Bliar has to take the biscuit with his denial that he knew full well the Iraqis didn't have weapons of mass destruction before starting his illegal war. He was of course admirably assisted by Ali C, one of the slipperiest professional liars of all time.

Heaven knows how he escaped trial for war crimes.

Every miner new at the time it was all planned. Her legacy to this country is that we are now sat on coal fields that could produce all the countrys needs for the next 100 to 150 years, yet we are paying through the nose for gas and electricity because we import it from all over europe. DONT try and tell me all about green house gasses when China and India are building coal fired power stations as fast as they can.

even closer mate even closer, Germany is building NOW 10 coal fired stations, rendering OUR emission targets absolutely meaningless,.

KW

We should be building more coal fired power stations instead of closing them. Balls to all that green wind farm carp that costs more than its worth.

If we reopen the pits and pay a pittance in wages then we can give immigrants jobs. We would also get cheaper power.

Better still make prisoners dig it out, we can call it reforming and re educating them with a nice cushy job :good:

Figgy

Edited by figgy

even closer mate even closer, Germany is building NOW 10 coal fired stations, rendering OUR emission targets absolutely meaningless,.

KW

Germany have massive reserves of low quality coal called lignite and are using what they have at hand. We should do likewise.

Figgy

We should be building more coal fired power stations instead of closing them. Balls to all that green wind farm carp that costs more than its worth.

If we reopen the pits and pay a pittance in wages then we can give immigrants jobs. We would also get cheaper power.

Better still make prisoners dig it out, we can call it reforming and re educating them with a nice cushy job :good:

Figgy

+ the coal fired power stations wont kill as many birds as those wind turbines.