Fox in garage

Good shot?

I was out and about yesterday just on the mooch, there had been thousands of pigeon flighting over one of my permissions up to the last week or so, giving some good sport but have more or less spread far and wide now.However whilst having a sit down and watching the world go by the farmer rang me to say he had a fox under his car in the garage and would I come and shift it.

On getting there it was curled up in the grass box from the lawn mower.I poked it with a stick and it eventually crept out and went under the car and I couldn't persuade it to come out with there being two other persons in the immediate vicinity so I suggested to the (very elderly) farmer and his wife to go and have a cup of tea and I would wait from a distance for it to leave on its own.After half an hour it was again curled up in the grass box looking to be asleep.

I prodded it again and it eventually went under the car and finally trotted of down the drive and away.

I suspect the fox was injured or ill although it looked in good condition as it trotted off ok, but not at full tilt which I would have expected.

I regularly see day time fox here and I will keep my eye out for him.

post-32022-0-69624700-1388773417_thumb.jpg

Nice to see you let him free.some ******* would av killed it good on you

Sorry if I am about to disappoint you, but on another day in a safer location he/she would have been despatched as it was possibly injured or poorly being found in those circumstances and I would not want it to suffer unduly.It now has another chance, until next time we meet.

If you own a chicken farm or similar business and foxes are affecting your income then ok shoot foxes,but there are people who just like to kill them for fun these are not hunters they are scum .i was once out walking on farm land i knew the landowner he had nothing the foxes could harm on there. So let them be.one day these two ****** where digging the cubs out to kill .so i gave them both the biggest hiding ever .ah my point is just because i shoot vermin on farmland pigeons ,rabbits,etc i dont sit in my back garden shooting pigeons off the bird table just because they are on the pest list. Get my point.

these are not hunters they are scum .i was once out walking on farm land i knew the landowner he had nothing the foxes could harm on there. So let them be.one day these two ******* where digging the cubs out to kill .so i gave them both the biggest hiding ever. Get my point.

Burnley Dave is back !

And nope I don't get your point at all. Sounds like you are just a thug. Either that or just lots of hot air to make you sound AAARRRDDD.

and by the way, I may and I may not have taken the fox at this time. It would depend on the situation. I'm certainly not a ***** and I think that this was a bad choice of words.

I think you sir, should pop along to Facebook's scum watch

Jesus Christ ladies, handbags down please.

Can people please remember that the idea behind fox control is that they, at times, can be pests which there population should be controled.

They are not, however, plague bearing menaces that need to be eradicated off the face of the earth.

If you own a chicken farm or similar business and foxes are affecting your income then ok shoot foxes,but there are people who just like to kill them for fun these are not hunters they are scum .i was once out walking on farm land i knew the landowner he had nothing the foxes could harm on there. So let them be.one day these two ****** where digging the cubs out to kill .so i gave them both the biggest hiding ever .ah my point is just because i shoot vermin on farmland pigeons ,rabbits,etc i dont sit in my back garden shooting pigeons off the bird table just because they are on the pest list. Get my point.

wow what a hard man!! probabley bs as most terrier men i know would have kicked you across the field before you had a chance to say a word.

In this case you would have been encouraging suffering and a prolonged death by leaving it to die. There is no way on earth that a healthy fox lets you walk up to it and prod it with a stick. This one needed shooting

In this case you would have been encouraging suffering and a prolonged death by leaving it to die. There is no way on earth that a healthy fox lets you walk up to it and prod it with a stick. This one needed shooting

I would tend to be in general agreement with al4x here, that fox doesn't sound well to me, but who can be sure on the info available.

I whole heartedly agree. I was loathe to let it go, probably suffering but I was on my own and could not have done anything else under the circumstances and in the area it was in,save grabbing it by the scruff of the neck :no: and at this time I did not know if it was fully mobile until it trotted off up the farmyard and drive.

PS the farmer also wanted it shot, so I had another reason to do so but it was not possible on the day.I have been out since and am going again in the morning just in case he is about.

Nature is cruel.

Wouldn't surprise me if its been released by a wildlife rescue. Years ago on the estate I controlled the foxes they seemed to be dropped regular, they would come within 20yds to investigate & when they realised there was nothing for them they'd totter off. Preban my lurcher seen off a good few, it was a pheasant shoot we done the vermin & the keeper insisted that we killed all foxes