.22 Rimfire bullets

Remington subs are the worst IMO. I returned a brick of Winchesters not long back, failure to eject 1 in 5, never had this issue before and shot a load of a friends Winnies the week before through it. Swapped back for a brick of SK as normal, you cannot fault these and I have yet to find a gun that didn't shoot them.

In a good .22 well handled you need to get out further than 75 yds to really see much difference in accuracy and out past 100 yds its very evident which are best

These are very good, trajectory is 2" lower than any other sub I have tried at 100 yds but groups still nice and tight from the CZI've recently switched

After many years of using Eley HP subs I have recently switched to the RWS subs. I have found that the quality of the Eleys has been quite variable over the last couple of years and often a marked difference in velocity from batch to batch.

When choosing .22 ammo you need to make a judgment based on : Accuracy, reliability, consistency, availability, cost etc. It's no good choosing a really accurate round if one in five shots jams in the semi auto, likewise the box of superb ammunition you picked up when on holiday that no one stocks for 200 miles.

Try all the brands that are available, within your budget range and will do the job.

This little test I tried here is with six different types of ammo, fairly windy so no "one hole" groups but real world conditions. - The Eley Tenex was the tightest group but is a solid point and twice the price of Eley subs.

Every one of the shots would have hit a golfball at 65 yds.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqRw_xDtrFc

These are very good, trajectory is 2" lower than any other sub I have tried at 100 yds but groups still nice and tight from the CZ

I used to be a staunch Eley sub fan but RWS HP are a bit better on the target it's marginal but I shot 50 of each on a still day and they are more accurate through my Anschütz. They are also the quietest sub i've shot. Great on bunny and squirrel, no over penetration. Top round.

The other plus point is that I need next to nothing right/left adjustment using RWS High Velocity HP using my gun. I don't shoot much of this stuff but it's handy now and again. Never shot a more accurate HV .22LR round.Go try it!

Edited by Whitebridges

After many years of using Eley HP subs I have recently switched to the RWS subs. I have found that the quality of the Eleys has been quite variable over the last couple of years and often a marked difference in velocity from batch to batch.

When choosing .22 ammo you need to make a judgment based on : Accuracy, reliability, consistency, availability, cost etc. It's no good choosing a really accurate round if one in five shots jams in the semi auto, likewise the box of superb ammunition you picked up when on holiday that no one stocks for 200 miles.

Try all the brands that are available, within your budget range and will do the job.

This little test I tried here is with six different types of ammo, fairly windy so no "one hole" groups but real world conditions. - The Eley Tenex was the tightest group but is a solid point and twice the price of Eley subs.

Every one of the shots would have hit a golfball at 65 yds.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqRw_xDtrFc

My post has been altered in your post I HAVE NOT SWITCHED TO RWS I remain SK but they are good, just I wont loose 2" of 100 yds trajectory for something that shoots equal to SK. Could you pls edit it?

I used to be a staunch Eley sub fan but RWS HP are a bit better on the target it's marginal but I shot 50 of each on a still day and they are more accurate through my Anschütz. They are also the quietest sub i've shot. Great on bunny and squirrel, no over penetration. Top round.

The other plus point is that I need next to nothing right/left adjustment using RWS High Velocity HP using my gun. I don't shoot much of this stuff but it's handy now and again. Never shot a more accurate HV .22LR round.Go try it!

My statement was altered in this quote as just posted! I use SK, not a fan of HV personally they just make more noise and drift further in the wind all for a flatter trajectory that I don't need. No HV can match the accuracy of a sub due to the transonic destabilisation that occurs and the use of a lighter lower BC bullet in general

Agree 100% Kent.

I shot quite a few of these just to get used to them and to understand the differences compared with the sub. Compared to other manufacturers HV .22LR rounds these are the boys. They are not in the same league as my .17HMR but I don't often carry both guns.

Just occasionally I find a need for a bit more oommff and to hell with the increased noise.As an example I shot a stoat stone dead at 142 paces with an RWS HV round that I definitely wouldn't have shot with a subsonic pill.

That's it. I used to get Eley from a local dealer and these were 5-7 years old. The quality was top draw. Now the source has dried up and for me RWS is the way ahead. German innit!

Try SK's, top quality and more oomph than eley and rws. The last eleys I had were only just over 900 fps, accurate and consistent but more drop than I liked. RWS were slightly faster but not quite as accurate for me, now I've tried SK's I don't think there's any going back, while I can get them anyway. The ones I've had have been as fast as a subsonic can be but I haven't had a single cracker, they're so consistent, and I reckon they're probably the best subsonic hollowpoints available. Just my opinion, but I don't think anybody would be disappointed with them. I haven't heard of any poor reports about them from anyone else who's tried them either.

Try SK's, top quality and more oomph than eley and rws. The last eleys I had were only just over 900 fps, accurate and consistent but more drop than I liked. RWS were slightly faster but not quite as accurate for me, now I've tried SK's I don't think there's any going back, while I can get them anyway. The ones I've had have been as fast as a subsonic can be but I haven't had a single cracker, they're so consistent, and I reckon they're probably the best subsonic hollowpoints available. Just my opinion, but I don't think anybody would be disappointed with them. I haven't heard of any poor reports about them from anyone else who's tried them either.

:stupid:

320m/s at 2.5m and an SD of <2

Agree 100% Kent.

I shot quite a few of these just to get used to them and to understand the differences compared with the sub. Compared to other manufacturers HV .22LR rounds these are the boys. They are not in the same league as my .17HMR but I don't often carry both guns.

Just occasionally I find a need for a bit more oommff and to hell with the increased noise.As an example I shot a stoat stone dead at 142 paces with an RWS HV round that I definitely wouldn't have shot with a subsonic pill.

heck any shot on a stoat with a rifle has a lot to do with luck anyhow, I doubt I have shot more than three in my life. Done with HV no interest to me personally at 142 yds they will have dropped a long ways anyhow and as the transonic zone is due to speed dropping from supersonic to subsonic then they are never going to outperform a good sub. I agree though RWS make some good rimfire ammo for sure. I am sure someone, someplace has a real good use for HV its just I dont