Barrels!!

DIRTYHARRY

I don't really have a preference but most of my guns (Winchester 101's usually!) have been 28".

My current game gun is a Teagued Renato Gamba Daytona Sporter 32" choked 1/2 and Full. Must admit the length of the barrels had me guessing for a while but used to it now.

Winchester 101 28" Game gun fixed at 1/4 and 1/2.

Winchester 1500 XTR 28" choked Full. This gun is as long as my 32" Sporter overall.

Winchester 1300 XTR 28" choked Full.

Just interested to see what people have and enjoy!

A lot of the people on my local clay ground think that because they are shooting 32" o/u it makes them bigger and better, and with my semi auto sometimes out shoot the lot of them.

I'd be interested to hear what it is exactly that they say/do to give such an impression ???

Regards remmyman

I have a 30" B325 for clays. I would prefer 32" as I am quite tall I think that they would slow down the gun and suit me better for clays.

I have a 26" BLE with a churchill rib for game. Its great for walked up shooting and is light and super fast. I'm not confident on higher birds though as its easy to swing too far. Great for snap shooting though. I've just found a similar BLE with 30" barrels, which I hope will be perfect.

Barrel lengths have tended to 'come and go' in fashions. I prefer 28" or 30" on both s/s and o/u. If I had to choose one I would go 28" now, but 5 years ago that would have been 30". I have handled a 32" - which felt 'long' - and I do have a 27", which feels a bit short.

Chokes - for most of what I do (a few clays and a bit of game), between IC and 1/2 suits fine. Fit, balance and trigger pulls seem more important to me.

Just my views.