Tungsten Shot To Be Banned In Denmark?

According to this weeks Shooting Times, tungsten shot will be banned in Denmark from 1st March 2014 for shooting game. Apparently, a US study in 2005 found tungsten was carcinogenic. As part of the study tungsten pellets were implanted in to rats, which all developed cancerous tumours. Sounds like it's much more toxic that lead! The article is on page 6 of the 22nd January issue.

I don't think you are far wrong. Death by a thousand cuts.

Yes its all part of the hidden agenda to ban shooting . They wont ban the guns ,but they will ban the shot . We will have to load up with rice for game birds and wheat for wildfowl . Feed them as you shoot them .

Harnser.

OMG, I have never hardly used the stuff- but I know someone who has eaten lots of hevi-shot killed birds . Seriously don't have any problem with steel so will continue to give this stuff a miss! I realise that industry working with tungsten always treat the stuff with care as regard H&S.

it`ll be all tungsten products.

Well, we know it was a waste of time doing all those calculations for the shot BC and down range performance, now it looks as though it was doubly so if the ruling creeps this way as it usually does.

Edit: Missing word inserted.

Edited by wymberley

I was one of those welders and when I was doing my aprentership we was told about how bad for you it was and there is some that are radioactive.

Also tungsten is harder than steel so ist something id never put in a barrel as we usto use it as a scribe there was nothing it not mark

Edited by fruitloop