what semi

Davyo

Definitely not the Hatsan, I had that and it dosen't like the 2.5" cartridges, it kept jamming and then blocking the ejector, so unles you had somebody with an extra pair of hands and something pointy to slide up the ejector and push the cartridge back into the chamber whilst the otehr person held open the feed slide, I'd stay away from it!! I immediately traded it in for a Beretta A300 Outlander, and I ma delighted with it!!

Edited by lloydi73

Depends how they come up for you and fit/feel. have used the Winchester in some very demanding conditions over quite a few season on the saltmarsh and have never found it lacking, the Maxus is basically the same gun but then again most gas op autos are. The only thing lacking in an SX3 is a mag cut off but then again it does add another thing to go wrong, swapping the chambered shell without cycling through the mag as well when wanting to fire a single larger or smaller shell in a hurry can be a faff without this function. Not something I should wish to pay much extra for mind you, just useful when your on light duck loads over a flash and a couple of geese appear on your line

The Maxus has the speed load feature which frankly, I'd be annoyed now to use a semi that didn't have this feature. However, the reason I bought mine was how it felt. After trying them all as soon as the Maxus hit my shoulder it felt 'right' and I was very comfortable with it. You won't go too far wrong with most modern Semi's so get whatever you like and feels best to you.

what ever fits you the best .

my mate as the maxus and the X3 , i like the X3 because it fits , really light and and really pointable

the maxus as spent more time back at browning , than he as shot it .

i have an hatsan , i like that too , fits perfect

Definitely not the Hatsan, I had that and it dosen't like the 2.5" cartridges, it kept jamming and then blocking the ejector, so unles you had somebody with an extra pair of hands and something pointy to slide up the ejector and push the cartridge back into the chamber whilst the otehr person held open the feed slide, I'd stay away from it!! I immediately traded it in for a Beretta A300 Outlander, and I ma delighted with it!!

Why would it?

Remington 1100 - cracking hide gun!

Have to say I also doubt many semi autos will get on with 2 1/2" light loads very well

Why would it?

Remington 1100 - cracking hide gun!

Read most of the gun review magazines, they all say the same, the Hatsan only like's 3" cartridges and seems to perform best on these. However, my Hatsan jammed with 2.5 and 3's but more with 2.5's!! The writings on the wall, ignore it at your peril!!