leaving work. benefit payments ? advice

big bad lindz

If everyone who didn't like their job quit and wanted hand outs I would guess about 98 % of the country would be claiming and not working.

according to some here they are.

KW

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe it's my upbringing but the idea of going to the GP to 'get signed off' is appalling to me. Being brassed off with work is very different from being stressed (which seems to be an over-used and misunderstood word nowadays) and in no way qualifies you to my hard earned money. To me that attitude is exactly the same a the where-there's-blame-there's-a-claim' culture or the 'whiplash' injury many seem to endure after a carpark shunt. You are not entitled to a certain level of income or to a happy and fulfilling work life and 'playing' the system is fraud that has an effect on others in society - both the tax payers and the truly needy.

Maybe it's my upbringing but the idea of going to the GP to 'get signed off' is appalling to me. Being brassed off with work is very different from being stressed (which seems to be an over-used and misunderstood word nowadays) and in no way qualifies you to my hard earned money. To me that attitude is exactly the same a the where-there's-blame-there's-a-claim' culture or the 'whiplash' injury many seem to endure after a carpark shunt. You are not entitled to a certain level of income or to a happy and fulfilling work life and 'playing' the system is fraud that has an effect on others in society - both the tax payers and the truly needy.

Am with you 100%

Don't just quit job, you will end up with JSA sanction . Does wife pay NI? If so will be able to claim SSP statutory sick pay, if she goes sick from job. Self certificate first 7 days..

As long as she is On ssp she's ok for26 weeks as long as Dr keeps giving med Certs.

After that will migrate to contribution based ESA . Best visit local Cab or law centre, get benefit check done ask for calculation of retirement date will probably 2018/19.

Get ADVICE.before taking action

ABW

Royal22lr

This woman has worked for all of her life she is getting on for 60 and half of you lot are as good as saying that she is a lazy good for nothing and should work untill she drops dead shame on you all I say.

To be fair 60 is not as old as it once was and we are all in the same boat

This woman has worked for all of her life she is getting on for 60 and half of you lot are as good as saying that she is a lazy good for nothing and should work untill she drops dead shame on you all I say.

here here !!! Work all your life get no help (barely) Never work , drink strong cider every day (benefits st) get everything !!! Call it a day, enjoy the garden, and if you get any help, maybe enjoy a glass of cider!

No, what we expect is that people of working age should earn their living not expect me to pay for them to sit at home enjoying their garden.

However, there is nothing to stop her or anyone else taking early retirement to enjoy life, just don't expect the tax payer to fund it.

No, what we expect is that people of working age should earn their living not expect me to pay for them to sit at home enjoying their garden.

However, there is nothing to stop her or anyone else taking early retirement to enjoy life, just don't expect the tax payer to fund it.

Im 100% behind this comment

She's not much older than me, works 22 hours a week (which I have usually done by Tuesday) and wants to play in the garden with the dogs and get paid for that instead.

I am all for her jacking in work and play garden, good luck to her, but I can't for the life of me think why we should give her money to do that.

As I've said already my dad is 62 and was brain damaged on site 2 years ago then while doing a delivery was hit by a car which damaged all his arm . Still working

Mum is 60 with two worn out hips and knees but still drags her *** in everyday

Both would love to retire but can't yet for 7 years in my mums case .

Sorry but why should they work to pay for someone's benefits to sit in the garden

Tell your manager to stuff his job (great experience) and work your notice then enjoy your early retirement on less income. I think you may find you can manage on a lot less. That is almost exactly what I did and went two years with only my wife's part time income coming in before my state pension kicked in.Now both retired and with minimum income but loving retirement having had my fill of work over my lifetime.Certainly don't' expect the state to subsidise an early retirement.It's true that money is not everything.

If your wife quits, she will get diddly squat as she put herself in that position...

If she gets fired fir griss misconduct (as was suggested) she will also get diddly squat as it was by her own doing.

My old man has just gone through all of this last year due to being set up to take a fall by his previous boss.

Job centre payed him jobseekers for 2 weeks and then froze all payments until his tribunal results were handed to them.

Best advice i can give is just grin and bear it for 12 months, save like crazy and then retire 12 months early.

So you would say that Teachers Firemen police postmen and all of the others who retire at 55ish on a good pension ok they may have contributed to it but the bulk of it has to be paid by us tax payers pay for should get back to work for another 10 years like the rest of us have to.

I had a job that I hated doing and I retired as soon as I could had I been in the posision where I did a job that I liked doing I can assure you I would would have been quite happy to work as long as my health would alow me to 70 80 90.

So you would say that Teachers Firemen police postmen and all of the others who retire at 55ish on a good pension ok they may have contributed to it but the bulk of it has to be paid by us tax payers pay for should get back to work for another 10 years like the rest of us have to.

I had a job that I hated doing and I retired as soon as I could had I been in the posision where I did a job that I liked doing I can assure you I would would have been quite happy to work as long as my health would alow me to 70 80 90.

Oh, come on, that's just twisting my words and putting a completely different scenario on the topic.

Not even I, in my wildest dreams, would describe occupational pension schemes as state benefits..................youre just being silly

I see more and more of this 'young people coming in and ruining it' stuff from jobs.

In my dads line of work in aviation insurance broking - they keep hiring all these young people happy to do the job for much lesser wages than the older experienced chaps.

Looks good on paper, but these younger ones haven't the experience to handle a lot of situations.

They get the younger ones by putting them through their qualifications but have to stay at a company for X amount of years until it's paid off.

Oh, come on, that's just twisting my words and putting a completely different scenario on the topic.

Not even I, in my wildest dreams, would describe occupational pension schemes as state benefits..................youre just being silly

Ok then just who do you think is paying for for these pensions I am not talking about privet pensions but people who work for the government to get a pension that you could live a decent life on you would need hundreds of thousends in the pot so who in fact pays it you and I.