CROWS TAKEN WITH ONE BARREL

evo

just got my camera back as left it in the shooting wagon,anyway got a call from one of the shoots where I beat through the season asking if I could pop down as much as I could to sort out the crows,

We didn't set off till 11am as my shooting buddie had other commitments and after stopping off for an English breakfast we arrived where we were shootingaround 12.30 only to see about 250 crows feeding on the first field,

they all lifted and disappeared the minute they saw us arrive,

I decided to go to the next field as I wanted the wind on my back and wanted to move them about a bit,

I set my hide up under a small tree and as I was doing this I had hundreds of pheasant poults running round in front of me

shootingBodidrisjuly2014008_zpsf357bade.

it was unreal as I have never had this before but they where fun to watch,

I was using the PROPER CARTRIDGES 32g 4.5,s and wanted to give them a full day through my gun but after an hour the right barrel stopped striking the carts properly so I could only use my full choke left barrel, (broken firing pin)

one at a time they where coming in at first then they started coming in to my homemade decoys( that I copied off steve b wales )in two,s and threes but only having the one barrel meant I could only get one at a time,,frustrated is an understatement,

I ended up with 51 crows( 45 picked) and 8 pigeons (6 picked) due to them landing in a bramble filled water hazard lol

it ended up a cracking day even if I did only have one barrel and I must say I hit some excellent long distant birds the furthest being 91 paces away from me,

I only had 3 runners that must have been on steroids because they dropped like stones ,hit the deck with a thump and 10 mins later decided to get up and leg it, well till I put another cart through them,

must say a big thanks to George from proper cartridges as I was that impressed with the stopping power of his carts and some of the distant crows I hit I,ve ordered another 2000

here is a pic taken at the end of the day

shootingBodidrisjuly2014015_zpsb057bc81.

atb Evo

Well done, difficult to shoot crows with a single barrel as you get four in and can only hit one. The crows by us seem to have had a bumper breeding season this year so I will have a busy autumn. Did you find the cartridges were effective in that shot size as I tend to use sevens for crows as it give me more shot . I took delivery of 1,000 on Friday while I was out shooting 32/6s in the field, I tried a box during Saturday and found them to be very effective at some rangey birds.

Again , great result for a difficult day with gun problems.

Well done, difficult to shoot crows with a single barrel as you get four in and can only hit one. The crows by us seem to have had a bumper breeding season this year so I will have a busy autumn. Did you find the cartridges were effective in that shot size as I tend to use sevens for crows as it give me more shot . I took delivery of 1,000 on Friday while I was out shooting 32/6s in the field, I tried a box during Saturday and found them to be very effective at some rangey birds.

Again , great result for a difficult day with gun problems.

P C yes mate they were excellent, as like you I,ll normally use 6,s and 7,s on the crows but have tended to have a few get up and leg it with the smaller carts, the 4.5,s were excellent at taking the distant birds but I think having full choke also helped but I was amazed at the distances I was dropping some of them,

I ,m back out this Wednesday using the 5.5,s so I,m gonna give them a full day and see how I get on, will be using the O/U this time until the sxs gets fixed but got to wait a month as gunsmith is busy,

thanks for all the replies also and steve b wales those decoys are unreal mate ,they certainly pull them in

atb Evo

Good day that Bob :good: But hey, what about a smile. its only a firing pin :lol:

my new haircut makes me look like a told off school kid , would of smiled but got caught out with the camera ,

gutted firing pin is knackered but hey,,its Christmas soon :lol::lol: :lol:

had gun firing pins fixed at a cost of £50,via gunsmith, very happy so the crows can have it in the morning,

linny,,,, yes mate my shooting buddies car is the Dacia Duster I think, he got shut of his freelander to buy a 2014 car,, its nice but as he says "cheap"

atb Evo