Tax disc confusion

Davyo

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It gets better,apparently over 9000 people where left with untaxed cars on 01/10/14 due to the site crashing,some had reported trying to tax their cars for 13hrs.Some people had to get the bus to work or walk after the payment page crashed & they where left with untaxed cars.Hope these muppets sort it out by Jan 2015 lol.

Reminds me of the old P.O. disclaimer............proof of postage is no proof of delivery. So does anyone know if the website just killed itself or was there a contingency in place for a similar occurrence.

Personally I doubt it because the onus is 100% driver orientated.

I've left my disc in the windscreen for now........expired end of September so don't need to display one. Its bound to attract some attention from local plod or PSCO's..any @rap and I'm going to court.

Can't help it.....the devil made me do it. ???:lol:

Apparently it is now illegal to have anything on your windscreen except your rear view mirror and is an MOT fail.

Even your sat-nav holder needs to be taken off at MOT time :/

That's going to work well for me. Living and working in London means that I have four different permits on the van just to park in places we go regularly...can't see this being as clear cut as stated here

It's anything that could potentially block your view,

Not tax discs/parking permits

:shaun:

Depends on where they are placed I would guess

I see this as an invitation to people not to tax their vehicle. Has to be picked up on ANPR rather than plod, traffic, neighbours noting no tax.

Edited by 955i

I thought if something on your windscreen was in the sweep area of you wipers it was an offence, not seen anything re the above. 995i do you have a link or verifiable source?

I saw a woman driving along the motorway recently with her satnav stuck right in the centre of her field of vision, God only knows how she saw anything out through the windscreen!

Depends on where they are placed I would guess

I see this as an invitation to people not to tax their vehicle. Has to be picked up on ANPR rather than plod, traffic, neighbours noting no tax.

Agreed, now it's even easier to avoid paying. How many APNRs are there to check?

I'll be keeping mine on as long as it sticks! Taxing the car has always been a novelty and I love having a tax disk (The car being tax exempt makes it so much better!) The new method seems like it might invite non-payments though, I don't think I've driven past an ANPR camera in at least a year and half, maybe more. Although I wouldn't chance it (whats the point when the tax disk is free?) I know people who would do!

Edited by cant hit rabbits 123

Apparently it is now illegal to have anything on your windscreen except your rear view mirror and is an MOT fail.

Even your sat-nav holder needs to be taken off at MOT time :/

Wot, even my Gaz & Sharon sun visor and fluffy dice? :rolleyes::|

I got a disc last month, it was printed on a sheet of A4 as they had run out of proper ones. It says on it that it must be displayed until 1st October 2014, after that you don't have to display your disc.

That is pretty plain to me. :)

I didn't display it at all as it goes, couldn't be bothered to cut it out.

I fail to see why there is any confusion. :)

Leave current tax disc in car until it expires, upon renewal and with no new disc then you remove the old one and that's about it! :good:

Why is this troubling so many people? :no:

The irony is that your post here is incorrect.

There is no need to leave the existing tax disc in the vehicle even if it has time to run on it.

From DVLA

From 1 October 2014, the paper tax disc will no longer need to be displayed on a vehicle. If you have a tax disc with any months left to run after this date, then it can be removed from the vehicle and destroyed

So, turns out even you were confused! ;)

The irony is that your post here is incorrect.

There is no need to leave the existing tax disc in the vehicle even if it has time to run on it.

From DVLA

So, turns out even you were confused! ;)

yep dead right you can take it out now regardless of the date it expires, I have on all my cars.

KW

• 2 weeks later...

I got a disc last month, it was printed on a sheet of A4 as they had run out of proper ones. It says on it that it must be displayed until 1st October 2014, after that you don't have to display your disc.

That is pretty plain to me. :)

I didn't display it at all as it goes, couldn't be bothered to cut it out.

These are being sold on ebay as Rare Unperforated Tax Disc

Believe it or not I actually sell tax discs on ebay. Just ordinary expired tax discs that most folk just throw away. People buy them.

Not much money and i wonder if it is folk just buying cheap feedback.

I also have a misprinted tax disc which says it expires on the 30th when there were 31 days in the month. A quick look on ebay says they go for £300!!

I found this link earlier on our local paper website

It looks useful to me though reading about the clear windscreen perhaps not.

It is from the Police after all

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/news/11540658.Police_come_up_with_imaginative_new_use_for_tax_disc_holder/?ref=mr

or

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/resources/files/33056

Hopefully some one can and will sort the links out for me if they don't work