Nigel Farage

peck

Could someone explain to me why Nigel Farage always seems to be either on telly or in the papers.

He is the leader of a party that only has one MP , so what makes him so important.?

Conservative 303

Labour 257

Liberal Democrat 56

Democratic Unionist 8

Scottish National 6

Sinn Fein 5

Independent 3

Plaid Cymru 3

Social Democratic & Labour Party 3 Alliance 1

Green 1

Respect 1

Speaker 1

UK Independence Party 1

Vacant 1

Total number of seats 650 Current working Government Majority 76

Edited by peck

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The higher they build him up the further he has to fall and so creating more media interest, backing the horse both-ways so to speak. The only downside for Nige, is that if the UKIP campaign hits the skids he can only fall to the depths that the other parties have already fallen to in the eyes of the electorate! :whistling:

Because our media are only interested in telling a story to get people to read their websites or watch their channel.

They tend to forget things like 150 syrians being beheaded recently by IS because only UK people matter.

Sorry small rant there!

Because our media are only interested in telling a story to get people to read their websites or watch their channel.

They tend to forget things like 150 syrians being beheaded recently by IS because only UK people matter.

Sorry small rant there!

Nail on head your bang on right, this country is what matters, not what goes on elsewhere. America has a death penalty don't see us chucking ordinance at them, plenty of places have justice systems not in keeping with ours, don't make them wrong us right.What Isis do in other countries matters to that country. We're only getting involved to try and stem the flow coming here. If they stayed in the country of origin we would never get involved.

Nige is one who is interested in this countries well being not pandering to Europe.

what makes him special? nothing he's just like the others given the chance the nose will be in the trough.but he is quite good at convincing others he wouldn't like a spot of troughing :lol:

guilty till proved innocent in your book then? keep on voting for known troughers then if that's what you want.

Could someone explain to me why Nigel Farage always seems to be either on telly or in the papers.

He is the leader of a party that only has one MP , so what makes him so important.?

Conservative 303

Labour 257

Liberal Democrat 56

Democratic Unionist 8

Scottish National 6

Sinn Fein 5

Independent 3

Plaid Cymru 3

Social Democratic & Labour Party 3 Alliance 1

Green 1

Respect 1

Speaker 1

UK Independence Party 1

Vacant 1

Total number of seats 650 Current working Government Majority 76

because since the European and council elections and now parliamentary elections he has 25% of the electoral vote and that % is only going one way , so yes he IS going to be THE big player next year like it or not and I DO

KW

Edited by kdubya

Farage is likeable and would he be any worse than the present lot? Some will say yes, but why?

I don't relate to Cameron - just doesn't do what he promises and seems weak.

Ed Milliband is just too weird.

Nick Clegg merely irritates me with his false sincerity and Tony Blair hand waving. Tough as jelly.

The three above just dodge questions on immigration and try to focus on their own agenda. The electorate seems to be turning against them. Not before time.

whilst agreeing in principle with UKIPS policy on europe I can see no good reason to suppose that farage will prove to be any better than the rouges gallery on post 75 in the clacton thread, A bunch of career troughers

As Crocodile Dundee would say! rouges gallery that's nothing this is a rouges gallery,you wanna keep sponsoring them?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/8493634.stm

Farage is likeable and would he be any worse than the present lot? Some will say yes, but why?

I don't relate to Cameron - just doesn't do what he promises and seems weak.

Ed Milliband is just too weird.

Nick Clegg merely irritates me with his false sincerity and Tony Blair hand waving. Tough as jelly.

The three above just dodge questions on immigration and try to focus on their own agenda. The electorate seems to be turning against them. Not before time.

I have just nearly thrown a shoe at the telly listening to the woman who leads the green party saying she will take legal action if she cant be in the televised debate ha ha only to go on and say immigration is not an issue and we should be glad to share our resources with others less fortunate, clueless idiot.

KW

I have just nearly thrown a shoe at the telly listening to the woman who leads the green party saying she will take legal action if she cant be in the televised debate ha ha only to go on and say immigration is not an issue and we should be glad to share our resources with others less fortunate, clueless idiot.

KW

Will you be buying a few spare doors from B+Q just in case it happens again?

As a life long Tory, I shall vote UKIP. I think that if he gets the chance we will be out of Europe.....or in it on our terms and there will be a much needed initiative on stopping imigration and repatriating those that should not be here.

Yes, you could say that he will become another politician, but I doubt it. He is passionate about Great Britain being British.....good enough for me.

More defections will give him greater credibility and much needed Parliamental experience.

What he speaks is common sense......not politics

And, he drinks beer and shoots.

Time will tell though

I must admit I have been swayed towards UKIP, I have had a look at their policies and I like almost all of them, I just cant square the issue of leaving the EU I am happy to enter renegotiations and have an EU light, retain the trade agreements scrap the meddling & taxation.

Boarder control and immigration are spot on as are UKIP`s values on a fair days pay for a fair days work.

They do need to have some sort of succession planning in place for Nigel Farage.