What do you reckon to this video?

sitsinhedges

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have watched a few of his videos on his YOUTUBE site and one them I posted a comment on and received a lovely comment back. He comes across as a very genuine and passionate man about shooting esp Pheasant shooting in the UK which he rates as the best in the world.

He is not so keen on seeing the misses but does include them as he believes they are as much a part of what he does and some of his great shots.......

As for being "self indulgent"..... yes he is a very wealthy man and can afford to shoot to that degree...... maybe you would as well if you had that kind of money....... either way you can not doubt he is a cracking shot..... now I wonder what he would make of pigeon shooting with CROWMAN :-)

Credit where it's due the guy can shoot the distant ones but there were plenty of disgracefully close ones that he pillow cased, utterly shows up his lack of understanding of what a days shooting is meant to be. Oh and the music :|:blush: .

I have to agree one or two were too close to be sporting and the music was barely tolerable.

this video speaks a thousand words a great shot maybe but wouldn't like to be part of it :no:

Not many great shots, 3 shots on the same partridge when it was dead with the first. I think I would of left I lot of those birds. Could only watch the first 5 mins. Edited by rimfire4969

Great shooting of that there can be little doubt. Sporting shooting ? Well that is open to debate. Will they go home remembering any of the shots, I'm not sure. How do you get your kicks when you are that wealthy.. shoot more birds. If we are honest with ourselves many of us (in the same position) would likely do the same( egged on by the group of similarly wealthy individuals you were shooting with). So easy to pass judgement from the arm chair. I just wish I could pretend to shoot half as well as this guy albeit on a day where I could remember the shots.

Great shooting of that there can be little doubt. Sporting shooting ? Well that is open to debate. Will they go home remembering any of the shots, I'm not sure. How do you get your kicks when you are that wealthy.. shoot more birds. If we are honest with ourselves many of us (in the same position) would likely do the same( egged on by the group of similarly wealthy individuals you were shooting with). So easy to pass judgement from the arm chair. I just wish I could pretend to shoot half as well as this guy albeit on a day where I could remember the shots.

I think you have a better approach and you are not that bad a shot -I'd recommend sticking with your way.

Thanks Kes. I think most on here would like to be able to shoot like that and go on a day like that (including me) but just take the long shots.

I wonder, I like to remember the good shots, too many birds and its not possible. I think I'd prefer to do clays if I shot that well.

The video with the partridges wouldnt be my choice - I would think 10 on a drive too many.

Sometimes just a difficult fox is all it takes.

When do we get to see the 2014 season starting ? looking forward to it.

I wonder, I like to remember the good shots, too many birds and its not possible. I think I'd prefer to do clays if I shot that well.

The video with the partridges wouldnt be my choice - I would think 10 on a drive too many.

Sometimes just a difficult fox is all it takes.

When do we get to see the 2014 season starting ? looking forward to it.

Agreed,. 25th October is the first day of the season for me. I'm not going to video every day this year ( short of time) but hope to produce better videos of the days I do film. I've got some different shoots this year and one big day (just to see what it is like) so hopefully something a little different this year including "pheasant cam".

Agreed,. 25th October is the first day of the season for me. I'm not going to video every day this year ( short of time) but hope to produce better videos of the days I do film. I've got some different shoots this year and one big day (just to see what it is like) so hopefully something a little different this year including "pheasant cam".

you sticking a camera on a pheasant?

He is good no doubt about it. Obviously money is no object when you are involved in driven game of that quantity, so why in a place of plenty must he blast those low birds into smithereens? On films shot with wide angle lenses, such as we have just seen judging distance is difficult but the clouds of feathers from hit birds told it all.

Blackpowder

No doubt about it, a LOT of those birds are way too close for 32g of 5's and he is meticulous in choosing the closest birds every time as well :rolleyes: .

Had a looksee on his Youtube massacres and the comments have either been disabled or heavily cropped. :yes: It wouldn't surprise me if he owns a commercial estate or two so gets to shoot busy pegs for free, I can imagine his keepers having a secret name or two for him.

Edited by Hamster