now Cambridgeshire gun amnesty is being held

littlerob

As title says Cambridgeshire police is running one looks like all the uk forces will be holding one befor much longer and usually when they all have gun amnesty's they are changing some gun law or bring a new one out dout it be that much longer befor all the air rilfes in uk are under certificate for them they say a 6% fall in firearms gun crime but high amount of the national sertistics involves air rifles I can see it coming

It would be nice if our shooting organisations could get hold of a detailed and itemised list of all those 'firearms' surrendered to each relevant county when the amnesty is over, just to see what percentage really were firearms.

Will enquire of my organisation.

Good luck, as for that to happen, firstly the shooting associations would need to get off their bottoms, :no: BASC I await you growing a pair of testicles :no: and secondly the police would need to correctly identify what has been handed in. :no:

I have very little faith in either happening! :no:

Good luck, as for that to happen, firstly the shooting associations would need to get off their bottoms, :no: BASC I await you growing a pair of testicles :no: and secondly the police would need to correctly identify what has been handed in. :no:

I have very little faith in either happening! :no:

Fair points.

Something going on if basically most of the ik seens be be having one going on same laws mmight be changing or a new law coming in in near future I can sence it

I am struggling with the logic for this. Surely the time to have an amnesty to remove guns is WHEN the new rules/ laws are announced to help law abiding people make the decision to give up.

The current one is more likely to take illegal guns in and/or to make the public feel safer.

I am struggling with the logic for this. Surely the time to have an amnesty to remove guns is WHEN the new rules/ laws are announced to help law abiding people make the decision to give up.

The current one is more likely to take illegal guns in and/or to make the public feel safer.

As I keep banging on about, I'm sure that Firearms licensing is one of the services being lined up for privatisation so the gummint will be trying to tidy things up to make it easier to write the contract for G4S etc.

That is what it is being trumpeted as! :yes:

No don't give them ANY guns. It will legitimize their ill thought out and innefectual gun amnesties. If it's an air gun think of a friend or family member that might like shooting or even someone you know, a neighbour.

Toy gun or so throw it in the bin and for a real firearm or shotgun take it to a dealer so maybe they can still use some of the parts.

Do not give the police any ammo(pun intended) to claim this initiative is a success.

Like I said looks like the whole of the uk police forces are doing one it dont make sence to me when gun/ firearm crime is low and have fallen 6% each year for the last two years and most of the figures are due / involves air guns/air rifkes so if there sertistics are true whats the point or is there another reason coming in the future I can see with in the next 5 years all air rifles on some sort of ticket