Boots

dankidd

So, after lots of patience and lots of very sore heels I've decided that I can no longer put up with my Muck Boots any longer! I seem to suffer from a common problem with them where they absolutely destroy your heels regardless of how many pairs of socks or what kind of socks your wearing!

I used to have a pair of Barbour hiking boots which lasted a long time. What would people reccomend as a new comfortable boot?

I never have much luck with Wellies they either rub or are just uncomfortable.

I stick to boots where lots of walking is expected.

Iv got 3 pairs I rotate so iv always got a dry pair.

Two pairs of lowas and a pair of hanwags.

The hanwags are excellent, they have a rubber over toe thing which protects them.

They are warm and dry and comfortable but took ages to wear in.

Lowas are cheaper but don't take any wearing in and are pretty good.

Depends on what boots you are after, wellies or hiking type things.

I use Aigle parlours ISO wellies, very warm and comfortable. As for other boots I use Meindl Dovre extreme. Had these for 5 years and no real sign of wear yet.

Unfortunately they ain't cheap but after buying cheaper boots in the past and having wet cold feet decided to get a reliable pair

I wear wellies for work in the winter and, spend what you like, they are all **** compared to a decent pair of boots!!!

As mentioned above by Harnser (and iv said on another threat on same topic), iv recently bought a pair of Karrimor hiking boots for £40 from SportsDirect. So far i would say the quality of the boot is easily equal to something of £100. Get yourself a pair, and a pair of gaiters from John Norris for £12 and throw the wellies in the bin.

I looked into getting a pair of rocky boots as the insulation is amazing at 1000g but disregarded as they are based in usa and couldn't find any uk dealers of the model I wanted.